General Does anyone want an Abarth GP now?

Currently reading:
General Does anyone want an Abarth GP now?

Dont turn this into another diesel VS petrol thread chaps.
Its completely natural everyone allready owning a GP will search for Y buying the GPA would be a nonsense :)

Btw, did any of you guys take a peek at the figures?

F

No, I was talking about this:

Ballocco laptimes (clocked by AUTO):

Renault Clio RS Sport: 3.10.02 (-1,04s) 192 HP
Honda Civic Type R 07: 3.10.70 (-0.46s) 201 HP
Opel Corsa OPC: 3.10.88 (-0,18s) 192 HP
Grande punto Abarth: 3'11"06 160 HP
Volkswagen Golf GT: 3.11.23 (+0,17s) 24.501 euro 170 HP
Cooper S Mk1 Jcw 3’12”20 (+1.04s) 210c HP
Volkswagen GTI: 3.13.43 (+2.37s) 150 HP
Peugeot 207 THP Fèline: 3.15.54 (+4,48s) 150 HP

Measurements of 0-100km/h acceleration:

AUTO: 7,76s
ELABORARE: 7,75s
QUATTROROUTE: 7,8 s

Quarter mile times:

AUTO: 15,0 s
ELABORARE: 15,76 s
QUATTROROUTE: 15,8 s

100km/h - 0 braking:

AUTO: 36 m
ELABORARE: 36,1 m

Torque / 6th speed:

AUTO: 80 - 140 kmh = 15,2 s
ELABORARE: 80 - 140 kmh = 15 s
QUATTRORUOTE: 70-140 = 18.3 s

Lateral G (Ballocco track):

QUATTROROUTE: 1G
AUTO: 1,175 G
With performance like that, who cares if its heavier?

I know I know, I didn't take it that way ;)

The problem is, there aren't yet. And unfortunately, this isn't the first time it happened for FIAT. Information spreads very fast on the internet and unofficial figure can quickly become "official". Sadly...

I trust the magazines though, especially the smaller ones. Publishing fake data can quickly become a credibility issue...

F

I have got to say im very very impressed with those lap times. I really didnt expect to see the Abarth staying with that sort of opposition. The handling must be something else thats all i can say.

Rich

I have got to say im very very impressed with those lap times. I really didnt expect to see the Abarth staying with that sort of opposition. The handling must be something else thats all i can say.

Rich

Same here, but to be honest it was needed.

Mind you, this morning a zetec-s couldn't shake me through about 8 miles of twisties, and they handle VERY well.

Last edited:
I'd be gutted with your mods if you couldn't live with a Festa ZS...Bends or not..:confused:

I thought that as I sat on his ringpiece!

But usually the better handling cars pull away lots in the corners but then get caught up in the straights. Mind you, I drive the road every single day. Its got alot of tight bends. Proper backlanes.

I thought that as I sat on his ringpiece!

But usually the better handling cars pull away lots in the corners but then get caught up in the straights. Mind you, I drive the road every single day. Its got alot of tight bends. Proper backlanes.

its not like the sportings handle badly though is it :) And i regularly take more powerful cars on the lanes by me simple because I know the road...makes you feel so gooooooooooood!!! :cool:

And i regularly take more powerful cars on the lanes by me simple because I know the road...makes you feel so gooooooooooood!!! :cool:

I'm the same on a road near me, the lads from telford will know it - the humbers at the back of donnington, i will race anyone down there. :cool:

Last edited:
I'm the same on a road near me, the lads from telford will know it - the humbers at the back of donnington, i will race anyone down there. :cool:

haha! sounds like good fun to me!! And at the end of the day...if you get owned by something faster...who cares?! You're not embarrassed 'cos you're not the one pushing out 300bhp...but if they lose...hahahahaha *evil laugh* :cry:

lol i once beat a seat leon cupra R down there in my 1.25 fiesta, but tbf he didn't nail it and take the risks i did as he had more too lose than me.

It did especially when you get a little air over the bridge at the end of the road. Wouldn't dream of going that fast in my GPS, wouldn't want to stuff it in a hedge.

Back