General Distinctive sound of the TA

Currently reading:
General Distinctive sound of the TA

chas379

72 Year Old teenager
Just completed a 165 mile round trip home to Essex and thought I would capture the TA sound. Taken a video clip on my iPhone which has now been transferred to my PC.

How can I get this attached to a message on the forum? as I don't think download attachments cater for .mov files.

Mmmmm nice! That thrummy noise makes me want a TA! :)

Is that the 'low fuel' alarm or do you just pull the handbrake for fun? :p

However I think it would be even better with less road noise so you could hear the engine more of the time. I've just started on a soundproofing mission for my 1.4 with the same aim. I like the way the 1.4 sounds too, but the tyre noise is just oppressive most of the time, and investigating, I found out why...

-Alex

The beep sounds like the speed limit alert.

It is a very nice noise but I can't help wishing Fiat would do a turbo option of the 1.2 as it's much quieter than the other engines.

Mmmmm nice! That thrummy noise makes me want a TA! :)

Is that the 'low fuel' alarm or do you just pull the handbrake for fun? :p

However I think it would be even better with less road noise so you could hear the engine more of the time. I've just started on a soundproofing mission for my 1.4 with the same aim. I like the way the 1.4 sounds too, but the tyre noise is just oppressive most of the time, and investigating, I found out why...

-Alex

70mph Speed limit alarm

The beep sounds like the speed limit alert.

It is a very nice noise but I can't help wishing Fiat would do a turbo option of the 1.2 as it's much quieter than the other engines.

The 1.2 has had its time in the sun, back in the 90s they did a SuperFIRE 1.2 16v in the mk1 punto which produced spookily similar figures to the TA without resorting to a turbo. However apparently it was hard to get the more advanced versions of the 1.2(DOHC and multipoint injection was pretty nifty at the time) past emissions regs so it died.

Random question...anyone heard a 2cv recently?

Ah those were the days Tony! Maybe it'll happen again, but with Abarths. I still feel like I abandoned my first 500. I imagine it sitting on a lonely street somewhere quietly sobbing, wondering why I abandoned it. But then I'm mental.
You bad man. I guess it can take solace in the fact that you were never able to have another long term relationship after it ;)

Ah those were the days Tony! Maybe it'll happen again, but with Abarths. I still feel like I abandoned my first 500. I imagine it sitting on a lonely street somewhere quietly sobbing, wondering why I abandoned it. But then I'm mental.

I thought it was just me that was wracked with guilt whenever I part ex or sell one of my cars, myself and my girlfriend are both the same and won't even discuss the arrival of the Abarth while in our current 500.
I really think I need help:cry:

If Notts old 500 was a dog. :(

Attachments

• dog-in-the-rain.jpg
    dog-in-the-rain.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
My wife was the same when we px'd our CCCAB 500 for the current Tech House Grey one (Note to self, I really must take a new piccy and update my Avatar). She asked the salesman to make sure he found a good new home for the old car and for weeks checked the dealer's website to see if the car had sold!

Sad, isn't it. :rolleyes:

I guess we are just a forum of sentimentalists (new word? :confused:) when all is said and done.

When I sold my first one I kept the people "hostage" for about two hours until I finished telling them everything there was to know about owning the car, lol. :)

The second one I just tried to forget I ever had it.

I guess we are just a forum of sentimentalists (new word? :confused:) when all is said and done.

I still keep in touch with the guy who's doing up my old Isuzu. Went through some 'interesting' times in that vehicle: and it's hard not to detach the car from the events... (if that makes any sense...). :cry:

PS: Would you believe (I was very surprised) that "sentimentalist" originated in 1770-1780...? Cor... :confused:

Back