Technical dim headlight

Currently reading:
Technical dim headlight

shaliru

I just noticed one of my front lights isnt as bright as the other. At first i thought it might be the bulb but i took it to halfords and they had a look at it. They said the filament is intact so the bulb is ok. could it be a fuse problem then?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 15022006.jpg
    15022006.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 65
From that pic it looks like your main beam bulb is gone on the dim side, the light its giving is from the sidelight bulb. To check this just put your sidelight on and step out to see how bright the beam is,then do main beam (not high beam) and see how that looks, if it is as in picture then your main beam bulb is gone. (y)

shaliru said:
I just noticed one of my front lights isnt as bright as the other. At first i thought it might be the bulb but i took it to halfords and they had a look at it. They said the filament is intact so the bulb is ok. could it be a fuse problem then?
Thanks in advance.
I've had bulbs that look fine but they don't work connection in the base of the bulb has broken. If the light is just dull check the earthing (ground) connection.

ok, i'v looked really close and both bulbs are on, the side one is fine and the main beam bulb is also on, just really weak/faint.
If car lightbulbs are like domestic (household) lightbulbs then they shudnt gradually get weak before they die - should they? they're either strong or dead.

In addition to all this, i'v noticed that the black plastic surrounding one side of the multiblock connectors seem burnt out (melted). could this be the cause? if so are they expensive/difficult to replace?

again, thanks in advance,
sam :eek:

shaliru said:
In addition to all this, i'v noticed that the black plastic surrounding one side of the multiblock connectors seem burnt out (melted). could this be the cause? if so are they expensive/difficult to replace?

The same thing happened to mine, the metal connector that attatched to the back of the bulb had corroded and the black surround holding it had melted, though with mine it had melted so much that the plastic had become brittle and when i took it off the plastic broke and fell appart in my hand.

I cut off the old broken connector and attatched a new one that i bought from a car spares shop. Take a look at the onnector that attatches to the bulb and see if this is the case.

Back