Technical Replacement Headlight

Currently reading:
Technical Replacement Headlight

KK2B

Hello,

My right dipped headlight seems to have a short circuit somewhere. It blows the fuse instantly when i replace the fuse, bulb is fine. It is the H1 versions (pre facelift) and the red (positive) cable seems pretty dark (burnt?) at the top. Anyway i don't have time to tinker with it an need it working so i was looking for a replacement headlight.

There are older headlight that used H7 instead of H1 but the housing connector looks the same to me... does anyone know if they are compatible to the car ? the seller almost never mention whatever it is or don't know themselves...

Thanks.

Hello,

My right dipped headlight seems to have a short circuit somewhere. It blows the fuse instantly when i replace the fuse, bulb is fine. It is the H1 versions (pre facelift) and the red (positive) cable seems pretty dark (burnt?) at the top. Anyway i don't have time to tinker with it an need it working so i was looking for a replacement headlight.

There are older headlight that used H7 instead of H1 but the housing connector looks the same to me... does anyone know if they are compatible to the car ? the seller almost never mention whatever it is or don't know themselves...

Thanks.
the bulbs are replaceable so i dont think you need a new headlight unit,

the bulbs are replaceable so i dont think you need a new headlight unit,
I think there's a misunderstanding. The bulb is fine (i tried different bulbs) there seems to be a short somewhere in the dipped headlight circuit that blows every 10A fuse you insert all of the sudden, so the light never works. All the other lights (high beam, turn signal) in this headlight still work normal.

The mk2 headlights came in two distinct varieties, previous Punto of mine had one of each, not an issue the light output is the same and you would be hard pushed to notice unless you were close and looking for it.
It might be good before replacing the light unit to ensure there is no short in the car wiring. Disconnect the headlight unit and test with a multimeter from the fuse supply to the ground looking for a low resistance caused by a chafed wire.

Back