Off Topic Dilemma...do I get an HGT or not?

Currently reading:
Off Topic Dilemma...do I get an HGT or not?

shaun200765

Just idly looking at adds today and can't help but lust after a good HGT. I know I shouldn't since my current car has been a good friend to me and apart from a noisy input shaft bearing (to be replaced very soon) its fine. Spent lot of time under it with every grease, oil, WD40 and Waxoyl so its fine there too.

So, I'd be crazy I guess to want another :( Guess I'll sleep on it. just having one of them days I guess lol. Sorry to go on chaps :)

Apologies if this is in the wrong place Mods :)

Depends if you want 120 mph + , 0 - 60 in under 9 seconds, sat nav, aircon, 2 phase power steering, capability to see off most hot hatches, sharp styling, razor sharp handling, fantastic exhaust note.

Just a thought!

Lol, thanks Steve :) I'm an old git now so roaring about is a bit of a rare thing for me but having said that, its the extra shove that I miss and even better than that, most folk who normally treat others in a small hatch with shall we say, hardly any respect on the roads :( would never expect a "mere" Punto to zip along like I imagine the HGT does :)

Think thats the real reason I would like one if I'm honest, love my car to bits but it just needs that bit of extra go that I know is better achieved with another car rather than trying an engine transplant etc.

Be very careful to get a good one with service history or get a cheap one and fix the usual stuff - cam belt and variator being the most important. Piston ring wear is another issue, but again... if the price is right. ;)

Mine gets about 35mpg and surprises BMW drivers. I'm looking at fitting an autogas system.

You also get proper ABS on all four corners and TCS on the front wheels. The CD players is however fairly rubbish (like it usually wont work).

The brakes are OK but I think would benefit from better pads. Race pads would not be a good ideas as they only work properly when really hot. Bikes use sintered pads - I dont know if they are available for cars.

Check out www.puntopower.com

Last edited:
Thanks White :) I wondered if you'd spot this as I know you have one. Very tempted you know :)

Back