General Did I Get A Good Price?

Currently reading:
General Did I Get A Good Price?

Dry_Flood

2 weeks ago I bought a 1999 Brava 1.2 80sx from auction for £800.
It has electric windows/sunroof, power steering and central locking.
It has done 70,000 miles

As soon as I drove it away the break light come on but when I took it to the garage for a check over he just said that the brake fluid was low so he topped it up and gave the car the all clear.

so far I think it is a brilliant car (a big step up from my 1991 1.1 fiesta LX).

Theres just a few little things that bug me.

1. If the top of the car is wet and I have the window slightly open it always drips inside[:(!] (not a problem ive had on any over car)
2. It was not designed from a smokers point of view lol, the window isnt slanted enough for you to flick your fag without the ash coming back in.

But apart from that I absolutley LOVE my Brava.
so I just have 2 questions

1. ) I get about 300 miles per tank around town is that good?
2. ) Is there anything that I should look for that the garage might have missed?

P.s I didnt get the red master key but the fiat dealer says that they will clone my blue key for £30.

Thanks

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Have a look at http://www.bravo-guide.co.uk
Everything you will ever need to know and mor for your brava.

brav.gif

I'll say so I paid nearly £5k for a similar car (only slightly newer and only 10k miles) 9 months ago *grumbles*. I agree about the water dripiing thing it is annoying and has caused a bit of discolouration on the interior of the roof. On the smoking thing may I say they have obviously got it right and designed the car for the majority of people as opposed to a minority :D. Glad you love it!

<font color="violet">
. o O Helz O o .

Proud owner of a silver Baby Brava with a Smiley air freshener​
</font id="violet">

Thats a good price you got that for, considering I just paid £4k for my Y plate one but it does have 18k miles when I got it.
Dont think ive noticed the water problem yet, but then ive rarely had the windows open :)
Dont smoke so not noticed the second issue either :p

Oh, has the car got a service history at all ?

Scorg

02 Stilo Dynamic 1.6
Sky Blue
01 Brava 80SX
Ink Black

The car used to be a hire car! so i think its probably had a hard life so far. but yes i did get a full service history:D

does the history tell you if the cam belt was changed at any point?
This seems to be a sore point with some members having it snap before the official mileage or age limit

Scorg

02 Stilo Dynamic 1.6
Sky Blue
01 Brava 80SX
Ink Black

no it doesnt say when it was changed but the guy at the garage said that everything was ok when he checked it over. What damage will it do if the cam belt snaps anyway?

on the 1.2 no damage usaly if belt brakes its a safe engine, but you can contact the garage/s that did the serviceing and they should have on computer what has been done.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you
binki3.jpg
binkwatingforaheadrub1.JPG

Back