Technical Did I burn my ECU?

Currently reading:
Technical Did I burn my ECU?

tarkanovv

The vehicle and ecu is the doblo 1.6 with the Magneti Marelli IAW 5NF T2 . I've had problems with my ecu recently and i wanted to replace it. The only one I could find was the IAW 5NF T1. As I began replacing it, I forgot to disconnect the battery, and the body of the new ecu touched the positive terminal on the battery for about 0.3 seconds which caused a spark. After that, I still connected the ecu to see if i fried it, I hooked it up to FVDI and was able to read config data and virginize it, however the car wouldnt start with that ECU. Is that because the ecu is incompatible or have I undoubtedly fried it, thanks.

The vehicle and ecu is the doblo 1.6 with the Magneti Marelli IAW 5NF T2 . I've had problems with my ecu recently and i wanted to replace it. The only one I could find was the IAW 5NF T1. As I began replacing it, I forgot to disconnect the battery, and the body of the new ecu touched the positive terminal on the battery for about 0.3 seconds which caused a spark. After that, I still connected the ecu to see if i fried it, I hooked it up to FVDI and was able to read config data and virginize it, however the car wouldnt start with that ECU. Is that because the ecu is incompatible or have I undoubtedly fried it, thanks.
Others may advise better but doesn't the BCM have details for the immobiliser side?

Fit your old ECU.. 😉

IF It doesnt start with that either.. You could have created a different problem..

If it doesn't start.. Check fuses next

Well you might be right, but currently I'm just wondering if the ECU survived and is it worth trying to go further or should I just call it a day and try finding a new one, I'm relatively inexperienced to notice the behavior of an ECU if its done, especially looking at it from an electrical perspective, but others say that they've completely destroyed them after they've done the same thing, but it could just be an immo issue as well
Others may advise better but doesn't the BCM have details for the immobiliser side?

Back