Technical Fiat Doblo 2009 1.9 intermittent fault

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Doblo 2009 1.9 intermittent fault

Angeradel

Hi, please can somebody help? We have bought a Fiat Dublo 1.9 converted campervan, we love the vehicle but it has had a few problems since buying it, we have replaced the clutch and various other things but now after driving for about 10 minutes the vehicle started to make a clunking noise and then it cut out? We have had a guy around and he couldn’t find any fault codes so we don’t know what is wrong. If anyone has any ideas we would be greatly appreciated. The video is here and attached if allowed?

Thanks again

When you replaced the clutch did you replace the DMF as well? Obviously that’s if it is a Dual Mass
We don’t know, the garage did it. I forgot to mention when it cut out a smell came, I am not sure it was a Smokey smell but it just came when it cut out??

c837ef6d-b872-4229-85fa-27bf58364217.jpeg

When it makes that knock, try pressing the clutch to see if it changes.
Did it start after the garage fitted the clutch,was something left loose, maybe speak to them.
It does sound quite loud and serious.
If noise goes away when clutch pedal pressed it does point to something they have affected.
Just another thought, is the noise louder near the drive belt side?
It is strange as it sounds like the engine is "hunting" when the noise was there.
Just throwing this out there, has anyone put petrol or contaminated fuel in by mistake?

When it makes that knock, try pressing the clutch to see if it changes.
Did it start after the garage fitted the clutch,was something left loose, maybe speak to them.
It does sound quite loud and serious.
If noise goes away when clutch pedal pressed it does point to something they have affected.
Just another thought, is the noise louder near the drive belt side?
It is strange as it sounds like the engine is "hunting" when the noise was there.
Just throwing this out there, has anyone put petrol or contaminated fuel in by mistake?
I have drove about 200 miles since the gearbox was done, I will try that with the clutch next time it’s happens 🙏 it is totally strange because the vehicle has been running for about one hour today and it has not done it. Thank you so much for your help and comments

I have drove about 200 miles since the gearbox was done, I will try that with the clutch next time it’s happens 🙏 it is totally strange because the vehicle has been running for about one hour today and it has not done it. Thank you so much for your help and comments
Have you put more diesel in since and it running better? Re what I said about petrol.

Have you put more diesel in since and it running better? Re what I said about petrol.
Well, we filled up at Costco with diesel, drove 15 miles home and it has started since then. Could it be timing chain or could it be injectors???

Well, we filled up at Costco with diesel, drove 15 miles home and it has started since then. Could it be timing chain or could it be injectors???
What I meant was, has the car improved since you filled with known good diesel?
Sometimes fuel stations have the wrong fuel in the tanks etc. I had a customer some years ago with a Jag that was running bad and smoking after filling up and doing a 200 mile round trip, in his case I only had to smell the smoke to know there was diesel in his petrol car. Give them there due the fuel station owned up, the delivery tanker driver had put the wrong fuel in and they had vehicles breaking down all over the place.:(
In your case with a diesel vehicle it can cause more damage if a large amount got put in as petrol is not a lubricant oil like diesel and can damage the fuel system. If only a small amount mixed with existing diesel you may get away with it, especially if you refill with good diesel to dilute it.
I can't see injectors or timing chain causing the problem.

What I meant was, has the car improved since you filled with known good diesel?
Sometimes fuel stations have the wrong fuel in the tanks etc. I had a customer some years ago with a Jag that was running bad and smoking after filling up and doing a 200 mile round trip, in his case I only had to smell the smoke to know there was diesel in his petrol car. Give them there due the fuel station owned up, the delivery tanker driver had put the wrong fuel in and they had vehicles breaking down all over the place.:(
In your case with a diesel vehicle it can cause more damage if a large amount got put in as petrol is not a lubricant oil like diesel and can damage the fuel system. If only a small amount mixed with existing diesel you may get away with it, especially if you refill with good diesel to dilute it.
I can't see injectors or timing chain causing the problem.
I filled up with diesel, drove home, ABS light was on the dash was driving great it’s sat still for a couple of days and then this has happened twice. Going to give it a drive today and see what happens I will record it if the problem starts again. Will also try and pressing the clutch down 👍 thank you for your knowledge.

I filled up with diesel, drove home, ABS light was on the dash was driving great it’s sat still for a couple of days and then this has happened twice. Going to give it a drive today and see what happens I will record it if the problem starts again. Will also try and pressing the clutch down 👍 thank you for your knowledge.
If it was dodgy fuel locally would "facebook "or such like have comments from other motorists?

Well we have now drove over 200 miles and it has not missed a beat!!! It’s strange anyway let’s see what happens!! I will keep you updated and video if it happens again!! Thanks again

Back