Technical Gearbox fiat doblo

Currently reading:
Technical Gearbox fiat doblo

Tony deakin

Hi I have a fiat doblo 1.9 multi jet deasil van, yesterday I parked in BAnd Q car park I returned to the van and the clutch pedal went to the floor with no pressure, I looked under the van and fluid was dripping out constantly .I started it up and drove to the mechanics luckily just round the corner, I kept in 2nd gear and there was no knocking from the engine at all.The mechanics told me they've had a look and the arm in the gearbox has gone .They've told me it needs a new clutch and fly wheel is this correct as price to to is £600

Hi I'm a newbie I will donate no problem but in couple days wen the invoices come back as I have just started a jet wash and gutter clean business, only myself but live on the coast with lots static caravans to clean just waiting until 6th march for all the sites to re open again so work at minute is slow but only get seasonal jobs then in winter it's difficult but scrape through.

Probably the reason they’ve said it needs a new clutch and flywheel is because of clutch fluid contamination from whatever has exploded and not because clutch is worn out, and it’s bad practice to change a clutch without changing the DMF (which I’m guessing it has) hence flywheel as well. That would be my reasoning behind it. £600 isn’t a bad price, as long as they’ve not gone too cheap with the parts!

Probably the reason they’ve said it needs a new clutch and flywheel is because of clutch fluid contamination from whatever has exploded and not because clutch is worn out, and it’s bad practice to change a clutch without changing the DMF (which I’m guessing it has) hence flywheel as well. That would be my reasoning behind it. £600 isn’t a bad price, as long as they’ve not gone too cheap with the parts!
Many thanks for that advice as my freind is pretty good with cars and keeps saying it will be the plunger arm on outside of gear box but dnt want to under judge my proper mechanic as I've always used him plus he does a payment plan for expensive jobs wich is good if you don't have ready cash .

All in £600 including new dmf plus whichever arm is broken is a very good price....especially if they are kind enough to let you pay in instalments.

Sounds like they are looking after you.

All in £600 including new dmf plus whichever arm is broken is a very good price....especially if they are kind enough to let you pay in instalments.

Wat arm can break causing loss of fluid

Yes I've always took my vehicles to the mechanic so known him for years plus only small garage himself and another but has company they charge him 8% and set up direct debit but you pay 10% of total cost up front then every month wat works out on price .

Wat arm can break causing loss of fluid

If any part of the clutch fails allowing the piston of the slave cylinder to go too far out of the cylinder ....The clutch fluid will leak out.

From what you have already posted your usual garage(who have examined the vehicle) know what they are doing and have given you a very good price for repair.

If any part of the clutch fails that enables the piston of the slave cylinder to go too far out of the cylinder ....The clutch fluid will leak out.

From what you have already posted your usual garage(who have examined the vehicle) know what they are doing and will not do anything unnecessary.
Thank you for the information you've posted my freind has got me cross minded now saying he can fix the problem in 30 mins he's saying if the fork arm had gone the engine would of been knocking and shacking the van ,I had to start the van in 2nd gear it took around 30 seconds to start engine and drive in 2nd gear but engine just sounded normal until I turned it of then van jumped forward to a halt.

Thank you for the information you've posted my freind has got me cross minded now saying he can fix the problem in 30 mins he's saying if the fork arm had gone the engine would of been knocking and shacking the van ,I had to start the van in 2nd gear it took around 30 seconds to start engine and drive in 2nd gear but engine just sounded normal until I turned it of then van jumped forward to a halt.
Also the van had been knocking and rattling wen going over bumps ect they say that the gearbox engine mounts on this model are prone to go ,could this of caused clutch problem or helped it go wrong .

Back