Technical Doblo gearbox

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo gearbox

Sine64

Hi there,
This is the first time I have ever posted anything on any forum so please forgive and guide me if I am doing anything wrong.
I have a 09 registered Fiat Doblo 1.9 multi jet. Her gearbox is on the way out and I would like to replace it before it gives up completely. I cannot afford a new one and was hoping someone on the forum would have or know where to get a good second hand (about 100000 miles or less) replacement at a fair price?
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Regards
Simon

Hi Simon and welcome :)

A 14 year old VAN is unlikely to gift a fantastic gearbox

The 1.9 diesel is found in LOTS of vehicles

Maybe opt for a low miles..rusted out car.. or maybe look into having yours overhauled :)

Please feel free to give us more info..

I believe there were several styles of that van

Hi
Hi Simon and welcome :)

A 14 year old VAN is unlikely to gift a fantastic gearbox

The 1.9 diesel is found in LOTS of vehicles

Maybe opt for a low miles..rusted out car.. or maybe look into having yours overhauled :)

Please feel free to give us more info..

I believe there were several styles of that van
hi there,
Thanks for replying so swiftly.
All I can tell you is that it is a Doblo dynamic M jet 1910cc diesel. Unfortunately I am not very au fait with the mechanical side of vehicles but am very lucky to have a great mechanic, Dean, who owns Small Car Services. He has looked after me without fail for a number of years and advised me that to put a whole box in instead of overhauling the existing one will be the most economic way of getting the repairs done. He is in the process of looking for a gearbox so I thought I would reach out to the forum to help him with his search.

Back