Technical 2010 Doblo 1.6 Maxi Gear Cables.

Currently reading:
Technical 2010 Doblo 1.6 Maxi Gear Cables.

Has any one come up against this before?
Went to replace gear change cables on 2010 Doblo 1.6 Maxi van with six speed gearbox. Laid old part and new together and appeared identical, however when trying to press last swivel /ball joint together no joy.
On closer inspection all the other three ball joints, the two at gear lever end and the one side to side/gate end at gearbox are all 10mm balls, the one that throws forward and back (i.e. 1st to 2nd gear) is a 13 mm ball joint.
Supplier says only one part number listed 55230984.
My thought is if stronger larger ball fitted for Maxi (1tonne) van at gearbox surely the same upgrade would be needed at the gear stick end.
Vehicle is original with no signs of modification.

Perhaps some with access to EPER or similar can advise on a different part number for that model than 55230984 as I use Linux so not available.:)
Just a follow up on the Doblo.
I ordered correctly a pair of gear change cables to suit a 2010 Fiat Doblo 1.6 multijet Maxi Van without Stop/Start. The RTG part that arrived appeared correct until trying to clip on the last ball joint/cup. On this model one ball joint at gearbox end is 13mm diam and all the other three on cables are 10mm. Supplier was unable to resolve this but kindly gave a full refund.
However a different supplier "carpartsinmotion" took the trouble to do look into this for me and were able to supply a Borg and Beck part BKG1042 OEM Ref.
FIAT55230984
with the correct size ends and speedy delivery, so van up and running again.
Strangely enough the other make from original supplier claimed to match those details, but clearly manufacturer was at fault.

Last edited:
Back