Debadging and induction

Currently reading:
Debadging and induction

shadowhound

i am curious to know on a 1999 fiat punto S is it legal to de badge it without telling the insurance and will it make it look better ?

and does anyone have a link where i can find the best induction for this car ?

I would say that debadging is OK but one is always best to tell the insurance company.

The golden rules are for insurnace are:

1) don't lie or deliberately withold information when asked and always be very cautious about item 2)

2) insurance companies always want to know ANYTHING that will increase their risk and potential cost. These basically are:

a) anything that make the car more desireable, be that for theft, vandalism or likely to attract or entice boy racers to have a go, or is likely to make you racey!

b) anything that will cause them to pay out more money in the event of a claim, e.g. alloys, hifi etc.

I don't think removing the Fiat & Punto badges could be covered under a) or b) were it to come to court case. A Court would probably say the insurance company were being deliberately picky and trying to evade there responsibly. Having said this the 'legal' issues are a mute point because you never want to get into that discussion/argument.

If I were you I would still advise the company that I had deliberately removed the badges as you prefer the look of the car with the badges removed.

Fitting an induction kit IS something you must tell your insurance company.

Back