Styling Debadging an SX

Currently reading:
Styling Debadging an SX

Pink_Cinque

I've looked all over the site for a post about debadging a Cinqu SX.

Which badges have holes in? Or are they all stuck on?
I believe the rears are stuck on, but im uneasy about the front..

the front ones got a hole and a little sunken bit

and im pretty sure the rears are just stuck one, as the boot lids the same as the sporting, which are always being debadged :rolleyes:

I'll do it tomorrow and report back on my findings, its really damn cold right now :p

I also need to change my fanbelt.

Pink_Cinque said:
I'll do it tomorrow and report back on my findings, its really damn cold right now :p

I also need to change my fanbelt.

The rears are stuck on there is a sticky on debadging in one of the sections.

You need to buy a fanbelt and a haynes for the other bit ;)

EDIT someone has deleted the debadging sticky

All the rear badges are stuck on. Heat them up with a hairdryer a bit first, then use an old credit card or fishing line to remove badges, clean off any adhesive left behind, T-Cut to blend in paintwork.

Front one, IIRC, is held with with 2 pegs and a nut/bolt arrangement. There is also a circular shaped depression behind the badge that would have to be filled (y)

ive tried to debadge the bak of my cinq but theres loads of sticky left behind how will i get it off ive tried all i can think of :(

As I found out the other day, you don't even need t-cut to blend it in. I used tar remover (allegedly safe for paintwork) to get the sticky off (with lots of elbow grease) and the cloth was red by the time I was finished. That never happened with the Brava!

serin said:
blimey, never heard of someone REbadging a Cinq :p :eek:

im putting it up for sale at the end of the month, and im most prob gona de-mod it first to get the best possible price

PICT0006noplate.jpg

I sent you a PM to discuss the Badges :)

---

I haven't yet taken my badges off, got more serious problems with my car at the moment (see other posts).
I'm also having a spoiler put on this weekend, which - If I don't get my car driving, I ain't gonna' beable to get it on! Noes!! (n)

Back