DataNumen Data Recovery

Currently reading:
DataNumen Data Recovery

So glad we had a conversation a couple of months ago about data recover from dead hard drives :D turned out to be a blessing in disguise :worship:

It was Easter Sunday and my laptop decided that it no longer wanted to be a laptop, and the hard drive died (I/O error of some sort), tried a recovery using the Windows 7 disk, but to no avail, it did nothing :mad:

Wondering what on earth i'm going to do about my data, i suddenly remembered the conversation i had a few months ago.

Ah yes i do remember that i now have DataNumen Data recovery :D what an absolute god send this program is folks!

Installed and ran the program and it recovered all my data, how happy was I, probably the happiest person this side of Liverpool anyway.

So, i just thought i should come and give the program a mention on here.

If you're in need of recovering any data, get your hands on this program, you will not be disappointed, honest (y)

Now then, what of the old hard drive? Would i be able to format it and reuse it? Or is best not to?

So glad we had a conversation a couple of months ago about data recover from dead hard drives :D turned out to be a blessing in disguise :worship:

It was Easter Sunday and my laptop decided that it no longer wanted to be a laptop, and the hard drive died (I/O error of some sort), tried a recovery using the Windows 7 disk, but to no avail, it did nothing :mad:

Wondering what on earth i'm going to do about my data, i suddenly remembered the conversation i had a few months ago.

Ah yes i do remember that i now have DataNumen Data recovery :D what an absolute god send this program is folks!

Installed and ran the program and it recovered all my data, how happy was I, probably the happiest person this side of Liverpool anyway.

So, i just thought i should come and give the program a mention on here.

If you're in need of recovering any data, get your hands on this program, you will not be disappointed, honest (y)

Now then, what of the old hard drive? Would i be able to format it and reuse it? Or is best not to?
il look into that.
for your old hardrive, try completely formatting it, loading up any os on it, and just doing some hard drive health checks, this should tell you what is wrong with it, and if it can be still used, or if its best to get rid.

Yeah on ubuntu there is, I'm not sure how detailed or specific they are, but a full health check takes ages.

I've actually considered installing Ubuntu on the laptop drive, instead of Windows 7, but i always find myself going back to Windows, i never get on with Ubuntu and always end up frustrated :mad:

I took an image of the drive a few months ago, so i'll see if i can restore the image to the drive if it's usable again or another drive (y)

if in windows as a slave drive just run Chkdsk on it, will tell you how good the surface of the disk is.

Otherwise manufacturers normally have a testing program off their website should give u error codes if there are issues with anything else.

Ah yes, thanks for that!

Actually, i have just had a thought! I might be able to format the drive, put it back in the laptop and run dell's hard drive diags on it (y)

Failing that there's another drive i can probably use, just needs formatting (y)

I downloaded SeaTools for Windows, seagate hard drive diag software. Just run a short generic test on the hard drive which came out of the laptop, it says it passed, but when looking at the report, it came up with this:

Bad LBA: 88189359 Not Repaired
Bad LBA: 89058988 Not Repaired
Bad LBA: 89060071 Not Repaired
Bad LBA: 89061154 Not Repaired
Bad LBA: 89062237 Not Repaired

There is about 250 lines in the log, which go on like this.

After a quick search on the internet LBA's are sectors i believe, so i definitely won't be formatting this drive and reusing it, i'll just leave what data is on it an put it to one side.

I downloaded SeaTools for Windows, seagate hard drive diag software. Just run a short generic test on the hard drive which came out of the laptop, it says it passed, but when looking at the report, it came up with this:

Bad LBA: 88189359 Not Repaired
Bad LBA: 89058988 Not Repaired
Bad LBA: 89060071 Not Repaired
Bad LBA: 89061154 Not Repaired
Bad LBA: 89062237 Not Repaired

There is about 250 lines in the log, which go on like this.

After a quick search on the internet LBA's are sectors i believe, so i definitely won't be formatting this drive and reusing it, i'll just leave what data is on it an put it to one side.

I take it the laptop is out of warranty? If so your right not to use it, it's now completely worthless. Laptop's have a much higher hard drive failure rate due to the much higher ambient temperatures in laptop hardware comapred to desktops, servers.

I take it the laptop is out of warranty? If so your right not to use it, it's now completely worthless. Laptop's have a much higher hard drive failure rate due to the much higher ambient temperatures in laptop hardware comapred to desktops, servers.

Yeah it's out of warranty Chris!

I used an old hard drive for now, so i'll just have to see how it goes.

I restored the disk image last night, why I've never used disk imaging before i'll never know, it beats sitting there for hours with a wallet full of disks :D putting one in after the other to reinstall all your programs. Told Acrionis to do a disk recover, selected the image file from my external hard drive, told it to restore all partitions and off, the off out i went :D come back in later that night and it was all sorted - happy days :D

I'll have to create a new image though, as the one i restored is slightly out of date, but half an hour later all programs and Windows were up to date!

Back