General Dashboard rattle

Currently reading:
General Dashboard rattle

Scott1968

I've posted this before , rattles away when cold , sometimes goes away if heating on . Goes away if I pull down steering wheel or push in dash board. Love the wee Panda not sure if this can be fixed , anyone else have same problem . Any joy with getting it fixed in a garage ?

I've posted this before , rattles away when cold , sometimes goes away if heating on . Goes away if I pull down steering wheel or push in dash board. Love the wee Panda not sure if this can be fixed , anyone else have same problem . Any joy with getting it fixed in a garage ?
Same problem. Many others have it too.... I wedged some rubber between windscreen and dash and it stopped it for a while.

I try to ignore it now....

A quick search of this forum (its always worth a search!) finds these earlier threads, with several solutions/suggestions:
https://www.fiatforum.com/panda-iii/319904-dash-rattle.html

https://www.fiatforum.com/panda-iii/461669-dash-rattle.html

My previous (2013) one did it a lot, waiting until a week after the warranty ran out to really start. Pretty sure it actually came from one of the passenger-side airbag mounts, up above the glovebox. I could stop it by resting my hand on the dash, just left of centre, but never managed to actually get a spanner/screwdriver anywhere near to try and tighten. It did it in winter if heating set to the screen, and in summer if aircon set to the face vents...

Thanks for replys , it's such a shame as I love my wee Panda but the rattling does my head in . I live in Scotland so lots of cold starts . In summer it's much better but in Scotland that's 2 days a year!

Just spent a week tracing a loud rattle that appeared suddenly one day.
The rattle appeared to be deep inside the dash, no amount of holding radio/air vents altered the rattle. At this point I was worried it might be something more serious, something loose under the car.
While stationary I lifted the bonnet and Eureka!
The air filter box was rattling away, this was the pipe at the front that goes in the air box, the push in clips appear to have worn?
A small self tapper to hold the joint tight bingo.
The rubber grommet that goes between the air box and the inlet also appears a bit loose now for some reason.
I hope that helps some one.

A lot of rattling can be heard in areas far away from where the actual rattle is taking place, transmitting through the framework of the car; I had a rattle on my SAAB which I was convinced for years was coming from below the dash near the floor.

I'd suffered it for years.
...It turned out to be the passenger sunvisor!

A lot of rattling can be heard in areas far away from where the actual rattle is taking place, transmitting through the framework of the car; I had a rattle on my SAAB which I was convinced for years was coming from below the dash near the floor.

I'd suffered it for years.
...It turned out to be the passenger sunvisor!

Love this. I had a persistent moan coming from the rear of my car. Turned out to be my mother in law.

Had some work done on one of my bikes recently and sometime after picking it up from the repairer, I started to get a loud rattle like a loose mudguard or similar. however as work had been done on the engine that was obviously the first suspect. After a lot and I mean a LOT, of searching and dismantling, it was traced to a flattened rubber buffer under a tank mounting and nothing to do with the engine or previous work.The cure took me five minutes and a piece cut from a stiff foam rubber kneeling mat. My point is that rattles etc, are rarely what you think or where you expect in my experience

Back