General Any pics of a crashed Panda dashboard? Want to ID passenger airbag exit flap.

Currently reading:
General Any pics of a crashed Panda dashboard? Want to ID passenger airbag exit flap.

As per title, am trying to suss out where the passenger airbag flap is on a Panda dash.

Wanna make a dash mat to reduce the ridiculous windscreen glare, but going to try and make it a tailored one, as I'm now hooked on the idea of making the interior a little plusher and more "soft touch". Obvs not planning on testing the airbag system, but I don't want to impede the ability of the airbag to do it's job in the event of it being triggered. A separate section of dash mat just laid in place may be necessary here.

I've googled and searched images for the info, to no avail. If anyone has an image to share that reveals this it'd be great (hopefully not your own unfortunate incident!). If not it'll be a few calls to breakers to see if they have a crashed Panda to view.

Nothing on copart?
Good call, didn’t think of that. Found one pic with bag out, but not a great angle to see the flappage properly.
IMG_0774.jpg

Also found this car, how the devil did this impact not trigger the bags?
IMG_0778.jpeg

From the drivers seat, do you need to stop reflections on the other side? I found just doing 'my' side was enough... piece of black 'stage felt' (used to put around boxes etc to make them 'disappear' on a stage under the lights.

View attachment 431011
No, don’t need to do the passenger side, but kinda feel like I want to. It is a very hard plastic type interior, and I’d kinda like too make it a little nicer in there. Just feeling like making it feel a little plusher, so will probably trim the big C shaped plastic part too, and maybe more! If I find the time…

Back to this... a recent listing on eBay might help you here (this is one photo from it). This might also show that, in spite of teh poor NCAP test results, the Panda body shell is pretty strong beyond the front crumple zone. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305225737642

1699389098667.png

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back