General Damn thieves

Currently reading:
General Damn thieves

Re: Damn pricks

Well actually it wouldn't be that weakend, 5cm gap caused by a flexure of something long is a minimal bending. Besides when you bend a metal you gain strength and lose ductility so it is not 'weak'. And more importantly, at that part of the door, it is not like strength is a major issue - its job is only to seal against the rest of the car and enclose the window :p

If its bent 5cm from its designed point, thats a permanent strain so its been taken past yielding point.

True, there will be an element of strain hardening, although you need to stimulate another permanent strain into it, to return it to its original point (to seal the shut-gap effectively. Without proper heat treatment afterwards and careful working during the operations, its very likely that the stress in the affected area will cause failure of the material....at least thats what I see in it.

If theres a crack in the metal at the bend site then youre knackered Id say.

Replace it. Easier than faffing

Re: Damn pricks

GGrr i hate vandals!! Why can't we park our cars without having to worry about whether they will be broken into or not!! Really annoys me!! Sorry to hear about your car, i hope you catch them next time!!!

something like this happened to my dad couple of month ago when he parked car up at friends house for night who lives on a main road. Brand new civic type R and in middle of night we woke up because alot of people were shouting outside and glass was being smashed. . . 4 15/16 year olds with baseball bats smashing up the car 'just for the crack' :mad: :mad: :mad:

anyways these lads got what was coming to them.

Any of you know where to find SlinkyCinqi first time around he replied next day to my pm, now he's disappeared, and I need to take those damn doors off him asap.

my brothers spoiler got ripped off his car the other night. this just about 2 months after the broke a window to try and steal a tom tom that wasnt there.

we're getting 2 spotlights that come on when you are within about a foot of our drive and a few sec cams highish up.

Last edited:
Back