creatine work its magic

Currently reading:
creatine work its magic

ahh cheers for all the help but am going to stick with creatine for a three months trail period and then if there is not a big change in my muscles and my general fitness then i know not to bother with it again.

but you have to try these things to see if they really work don't you

When it comes to biceps, you're not supposed to be lifting mega weights, they are, after all, relatively small muscles. The guys you seeing curling their own bodyweight etc are 99.99% of the time using very poor form.

Go for form over weight every time, and try hitting your arms with combination super sets.

dillinger39 said:
i do have a reasonable diet and eat alot of veg. and an awful lot of pasta and meat.

and i am built very thin and lanky so may be thats why its taking its time.

When my brother and I were both training, he was the same as you. Could never bulk up but he was very well defined. I was the opposite though.

Have you got a training programme that's been set by someone specifically for you or are you 'doing your own thing?'

My old gym was split women/men's sessions. I found the most improvement I made was when I used to train with the big guys after the normal gym sessions had finished. It made such a difference, training the 'right' way.

It might be worth your while changing your training plan.

James M said:
When it comes to biceps, you're not supposed to be lifting mega weights, they are, after all, relatively small muscles. The guys you seeing curling their own bodyweight etc are 99.99% of the time using very poor form.

Go for form over weight every time, and try hitting your arms with combination super sets.

talkin of arms, i am 5'7" weight 11 stone, and have close to 15" arms, all 100% drug free, no creatine, no roids, no tablets anythin.... close to 5 hours a week training, a protein shake after every workout, as much complex carbs as i can humanly eat... and NO cv!

ps: it is virtually impossible to curl your own body weight, i weigh about 70kg, 10% body fat and only use 18kg dumbells to do bicep curls (with perfect form i might add)

as for creatine, it does work better for some people than others! i have spent hundreds trying different brands of protein and creatine, (the creatine caps are total crap by the way!) creatine tends to store water in your muscles at the start of the cycle, so the innitial size gains u make arent all muscle.

however it has been PROOVEN to increase muscle size and strength with constant use, when used in congunction with a good training regime and diet!

Mase, it is virtually impossible to curl your own weight WITH GOOD FORM!

Though I'm not saying every guy you ever see putting a bit of momentum into a curl is wrong, 'cheating' is actually used to good effect by some advanced bodybuilders to supplement strict form.

I'm 5'10, 14 stone and my arms are, errr.... I've never actually put a tape measure on them, the are definitely bigger than my neck though, which is 16".

You are lucky Mase, if you can get away with no cardio, I'm an easy gainer and whilst strength and muscle come easy, so does a belly :eek:

James M said:
Mase, it is virtually impossible to curl your own weight WITH GOOD FORM!

Though I'm not saying every guy you ever see putting a bit of momentum into a curl is wrong, 'cheating' is actually used to good effect by some advanced bodybuilders to supplement strict form.

I'm 5'10, 14 stone and my arms are, errr.... I've never actually put a tape measure on them, the are definitely bigger than my neck though, which is 16".

You are lucky Mase, if you can get away with no cardio, I'm an easy gainer and whilst strength and muscle come easy, so does a belly :eek:

very tru mate... "cheat" curls at the end of a set can be really effective if done in the right way!

i am lucky mate, i am a very very hard gainer, put about 1lb on a week at the most even with the ammount of training i do! and i say no cv, but i do have footie training for 2 hours on a thurs night and a game on sunday!

i was ill a while ago and lost 4lbs in 3 days! :eek: then it took me over a month to get the weight back :eek: :eek:

personally i dont really rate creatine, only cause it didnt work for me! and now i have found a protein shake that does, i am stickin with that! u gotta find wat works for u and run with it.... and it is all about technique, u will get a lot more from a trainin programme if u use perfect form and a lower weight, over crap form and a lot more weight!!!

and it is all about shockin your body as much as u can, if u are goin for size and strength, low reps are needed, 6-8 reps and 3-4 sets and u need to reach total failure at the end of the first set, basically u need the weight heavy enough that u cannont life rep number 9 on your first set, then u get into pyramid training, drop set, tri sets, and super sets! all of which can take your trainin to the next level! (y)

charlieboys93UNO said:
pyramid training, drop set, tri sets, and super sets!

whats each one of those about/how it work mase??

charlie

pyramid training is when u do a set at a certain weight, then straight after with no rest, up the weight but drop the number of reps, then do it again..

example.
10 reps on 40kg
8 reps on 45
6 reps on 50
4 reps on 55.

a drop set is virtually the opposite, u start on a heavy weight, on your last rep when u finish u drop the weigh down and do more reps untill u cant do anymore, then drop it down and do some more, then drop it down again. important thing is here that u have to go to failure before droppin down the weight.

super sets are when u do 2 exercises that work different muscles or different areas of the same muscle one after another!

a classic one is to do a set of 8 pull ups with your palms facing u, then do a set of 8 tricep dips right after with no rest, for a total of 3 times!

and tri sets are a harder version of super sets.
i do a great tri set on my chest.
1 set of 10 decline normal push-ups (feet on bench, hands on floor)
1 set of 6 decline close hand push-ups (same as above but with my hands right next to each other
1 set of 15 wide are push ups (no bench this time, just normal push-ups but with your hands wider than your shoulders!

basically they are just more advanced ways of tyring your muscles and gettin a deeper, more effective workout.

as long as they look bigger by the christmas doo.

i don't really care hehehe

nah thats bad am doing it all for my self, tbh. My muscles have changed drastically over the time i have gone to the gym but not enough for my liking.

i do three sets of 8 reps on all the weight machines. Leaving a total of two minutes recovery time. My trainer said that was the best way for me. He also said I need to go for a weight large enough for you to comfortablly lift five times. But not too small that your able to keep repeating the lifting motion for around 15 to 20 times.

so whats that training regime called

dillinger39 said:
He also said I need to go for a weight large enough for you to comfortablly lift five times. But not too small that your able to keep repeating the lifting motion for around 15 to 20 times.

That's a fair old range that is!

dillinger39 said:
as long as they look bigger by the christmas doo.

i don't really care hehehe

nah thats bad am doing it all for my self, tbh. My muscles have changed drastically over the time i have gone to the gym but not enough for my liking.

i do three sets of 8 reps on all the weight machines. Leaving a total of two minutes recovery time. My trainer said that was the best way for me. He also said I need to go for a weight large enough for you to comfortablly lift five times. But not too small that your able to keep repeating the lifting motion for around 15 to 20 times.

so whats that training regime called

thats just a normal mass building programme... best way to get bigger! (y)

when u get more into it u can introduce all the super set training i talked about up there, but starting off that is fine! u wanna look at increasing the weights every 3 weeks to make sure you progress! and u wanna have the weight heavy enough so that u can only life 8 reps, u cant get number 9 out at all!

luke1985 said:
Whats that protein shake you use mase? Never bothered with them before but may give them a try after a failure with creatine.

Ive not put much more muscle mass on for a while, although my strength and endurance have gone up alot more. Think im stuck in another platau :( :mad:

its this one http://www.bodyshapersfitness.com/prodView.asp?idProduct=122 the chocolate mint tastes gorgeous, just like choc mint ice cream, stick 2 scoops in a pint of milk right after a workout, i found that i had to literally force feed myself tho, and eating pasta and complex carbs right before u go to bed helps as well! (y)

taking that got me off my plateau of 10 stone 6, upto 11 stone in about 2 months so i was quite impressed.

awesome price compared to maxi muscle / la muscle stuff as well!

i have tried vyofit protein drink but that tasted as mase but it "like death" it was supposedly banana but yuck :yuck: yuck it was nasssstttty

mase said:
its this one http://www.bodyshapersfitness.com/prodView.asp?idProduct=122 the chocolate mint tastes gorgeous, just like choc mint ice cream, stick 2 scoops in a pint of milk right after a workout, i found that i had to literally force feed myself tho, and eating pasta and complex carbs right before u go to bed helps as well! (y)

taking that got me off my plateau of 10 stone 6, upto 11 stone in about 2 months so i was quite impressed.

awesome price compared to maxi muscle / la muscle stuff as well!

(y) I yoyo between 12.5 to 13 stone even though ive put on more muscle :confused: Oh well, a new routine, may aswell finish off this huge tub of creatine, and start off on the protein shakes and see what happens :D

luke1985 said:
(y) I yoyo between 12.5 to 13 stone even though ive put on more muscle :confused: Oh well, a new routine, may aswell finish off this huge tub of creatine, and start off on the protein shakes and see what happens :D

wat u will find is that your body fat percentage has gone down as well! and people dont usually have a strick weight, they have a range of about 3-4lbs dependin on what they have eaten / drunk etc. etc.

a new prog would be a good start as well, you plateau cause your body has gotten used to the exercise, so u need to do new things to suprise it and work it in different ways again! (y)

what does this word mean

plateau

you have mentioned this word and i don't know it. Is it where your body stays constant and gets used to your exercise regime.

i.e if you run 1000 metres day after day after day it will start to get easier. But try doing 2000 metres and you get really tired by the end of it

dillinger39 said:
what does this word mean

plateau

you have mentioned this word and i don't know it. Is it where your body stays constant and gets used to your exercise regime.

i.e if you run 1000 metres day after day after day it will start to get easier. But try doing 2000 metres and you get really tired by the end of it

a plateau in training is when u dont change your training programme and your body gets used to it and u stop gaining from that programme.... is usually starts about 10-12 weeks into a training programme, your body get used to the work bein done, and u stop gettin srtonger / bigger etc.

following on from your running example..... if u ran 1000 meters 3 times a week, as the weeks went on your time would get quicker and quicker, but after about 12 weeks of doing that run, you would notice no matter how many times u did it, your times would not be gettin any quicker anymore.... u have then plateaued and need to increase the insensity of the training programme to improove again!

thanks for explaining mase.

at the mo i do bicep curls in 3 sets of 10. each time uping the weight. say 10 @ 26kg, 10 @27kg, 10@ 27.5

is that a good way to do it or am i being a muppet? oh an it is on free weights

charlie

Back