General creaking noise

Currently reading:
General creaking noise

hello hello hello
i have looked on the threads and i have only seen problems with "clonking noise" on the rear suspension.
i have recently put on powerflex rear bushes and it has now developed a loud creaking noise.
when i push down on the rear of the car the creaking is very loud and it does seem to be from the rear suspension. i have put loads of copper grease on the power flex bushes but still the bl**dy noise is there.:confused:...any ideas???????

cheers

cheers mate
it is strange and i know this has happened to other people before. i fitted them then took out the bolts dropped the arm and put loads of copper grease and still the noise is there. but i might give it a week or so to see if it settles then check the torque. a quick question, what do you mean the bushes twisted?

i know this may sound daft but my sporting was creaking at standstill (on a hill or flat) and it turned out to be the handbrake slipping very slightly, im just wondering if yours might be doing the same?

cheers
jay

rallycinq, Powerflex bushes aren't supposed to twist & you don't need to bother about lowering the car before tightening them fully. This is why you should liberally grease the trailing arm mountings before installing them.

jay, are your springs seated properly? My springs do this if I've not got it just right.

rallycinq, Powerflex bushes aren't supposed to twist & you don't need to bother about lowering the car before tightening them fully. This is why you should liberally grease the trailing arm mountings before installing them.

jay, are your springs seated properly? My springs do this if I've not got it just right.

hmmm not sure, ive had it for just a week but i plan to do some bits and bats on it, any pointers for checking please matey?

Yup, am aware, but I was wondering whether the flange end of the new bush was catching on the mounting bracket leading to the noise.

The problem is unusual, to say the least.

Cheers

PD

Just thought i update everyone on the loud creaking noise i had on the rear suspension. As mentioned before i changed the bushes to powerflex items still creaking, then took them out again and put a load of copper grease..still creaking. i cooper grease the rear shock bushes ...still creaking. anyway i then sprayed wd40 on the rear arm were the rear spring are sitting.....finally the noise has gone. so i think were the rear spring has a rubber sleeve at the bottom of the spring was rubbing on the arm (were the spring sits).
just thought i let people know just in case someone is having the same problem.

ricky

Back