Styling Cost of a re spray

Currently reading:
Styling Cost of a re spray

MY 97 orange Barchetta has suffered in the Spanish sun (they tell me at the paintshop). The lacquer has lifted and it really has faded in places. Can anyone give me a guide as to what to pay for a full external respray ?? no body work needed just rub down a spray.. many thanks

That's like asking how long is a piece of string I'm affraid as every bodywork place will be different.

Personally I would only go somewhere that is HIGHLY recommended or someone that you personally know. As a ball park for the whole car it can vary from £1000-£3000 But price is not always the factor, how good the bodywork bloke is and you should look at examples of their work before giving them your car.

MY 97 orange Barchetta has suffered in the Spanish sun (they tell me at the paintshop). The lacquer has lifted and it really has faded in places. Can anyone give me a guide as to what to pay for a full external respray ?? no body work needed just rub down a spray.. many thanks
There is no such thing as no body work needed, there will always be little dents e.t.c that will need repairing before a respray and any bodyshop that does a full respray with out looking for the dents before hand is not worth going to imo no matter how cheap they are.

if its the clearcoat failing, then it *might* be possible to get a paintcorrection done that strips the whole clearcoat layer. And then apply a new clearcoat over the corrected paintwork.
Cost and feasability unknown to me, but check with the guys at DetailingWorld , some of them are really good on this subject and probably can give a much better opinion on it.

Either case, wether full repaint job, or only correction and new clearcoat, check around for those who can finish with nano-clearcoat like Ceramiclear (ppg) or Glasurit (basf). So, you might be lookign at body/paint shops with recent Mercedes and Nissan experience.

A link which might be of help : http://corporateportal.ppg.com/Refinish/default.htm

If i had to go for a repaint, i'ld go for those nano-tech paints/coats... it might be a job which costs more then the car, but by jove, the result is magnificent.

Well as a completely useless comparison, I drove over to Poland last September to go to a Wedding. The petrol, overnight stops and ferry cost us about £100 more than flights. Whilst in Warsaw, I got the whole car resprayed and the little rusty bits sorted. The respray set me back £428, and that included re-doing the rear bumper which Fiat/Alfa had mis-matched a few months earlier. Whilst I don't expect you'll find quite the same deal with the Polish currency fairing better nowadays, a driving trip abroad might still be worth looking into if you were planning a holiday any way. In my case the quality of work was second to none, but had there been a problem it would have been a bit inconvenient to go back and complain.

My uncle got a Discovery resprayed in Portugal, and including all new rubber seals and a service, the bill came to less than £1K... AND it was a Land Rover main dealer :eek:. Perhaps you might consider popping across to Portugal ;)

I got 2 prices in the UK before going to Poland... both were over £2K, and they don't even have to paint a roof!

Last edited:
I payed £2300 for mine. Had I not had fibre glass bumpers I'd "only" have payed £2000...:rolleyes:

:nutter:

Alan, where's that ban button you've been mentioning? :)

From word of mouth I heard the FIAT dealer in Edinburgh was doing a full respray for 600.

I got my front end (bumper, side wings and bonnet) done and dent repair for 300. been quoted a further 350 for rest of car plus a dent repair from the same place. Back street style garage but the work they did was good.

Back