Coronavirus - The Thread :(

Currently reading:
Coronavirus - The Thread :(

My uncle (93) was extremely ill with COPD looked after in a care home. But he was a classic Covid victim. Ill for two weeks, seemingly began to improve then suddenly passed away two days later.

I will add that I have no argument with measures such as hand sanitisers in supermarkets. Probably a great idea actually because people will have virus on their hands from fiddling with a mask that has been on and off several times.
Also if one way systems make poeple feel safer then again it is no problem.
Many of the "precautions" would make sense anyway just for cold and flu season:

• hand sanitiser stations
  • wash your hands before eating and drinking
  • don't touch your face if you can avoid it
  • stay away from people if you've got symptoms (the number of people in previous years who'd "soldier into the office" while coughing and spluttering as if that was "virtuous" is amazing)
  • Wearing a mask is a cultural adjustment, but in many ways is pretty good neighbourliness, especially e.g. on cramped public transport in winter.

Many argue "well flu kills X people every year anyway, so COVID19 isn't so bad". Whatever about the conclusion, we might want to ask whether flu really needs to kill X each year? If a more thorough flu vaccination programme and some cheap precautions like those above can reduce X to e.g. (0.7)*X, then why not do that? Even if the result is a few hundred / couple of thousand families get to have just one more Christmas with a loved one.

• stay away from people if you've got symptoms (the number of people in previous years who'd "soldier into the office" while coughing and spluttering as if that was "virtuous" is amazing)

I'm completely with you on that; I just don't get why they would want to jeopardise their own friends/colleagues/workforce!

I'm forever telling people that come in to work that are obviously ill, to go home, and if they don't :bang:, I'll arrange for a higher rank to make them to go home! :mad:

Your comment on mask wearing becoming a cultural adjustment I thought was absolutely spot on, but I still see many people not wearing face-masks when and where they should be :mad:

I'm completely with you on that; I just don't get why they would want to jeopardise their own friends/colleagues/workforce!

some places often the ones selling food the staff are on zero hours, if they dont work ill they dont get paid, and then dont get more hours as a punishment for not going to work. Its the bosses of these places i hate, making people work contaminating all their customers.

some places often the ones selling food the staff are on zero hours, if they dont work ill they dont get paid, and then dont get more hours as a punishment for not going to work. Its the bosses of these places i hate, making people work contaminating all their customers.

Ah yes, I get what you're saying Dave; I didn't really consider that scenario.
In my case, all of us are aircraft engineers on realatively good fixed salaries - they're are coming in for work with colds etc....which in effect, given your scenario, is an even worse 'crime'!

Schrump has just come out of the Military Hospital and returned to the White House.
Do you think he really had Covid or was it a red Herring to take the heat off the questions about him not paying Tax for 10 Years.
It's a bit like a Dallas Episode and JR full of Bxxxxxxt.:D
Alan

Schrump has just come out of the Military Hospital and returned to the White House.
Do you think he really had Covid or was it a red Herring to take the heat off the questions about him not paying Tax for 10 Years.
It's a bit like a Dallas Episode and JR full of Bxxxxxxt.:D
Alan

Wasn’t it just. It would be very hard to fool everyone and involve people to such an extent to pull that off. No question though, Trump will use this to his advantage and milk every last bit of this circus.

ben

How is it going over there? many places in uk back in a sort of lockdown again now
Same as usual, we get a few imported cases as Taiwanese return home - but they are always put straight into quarantine so it's ok.

The Taiwanese are still worried about an outbreak though, so still need masks on public transport, government offices and staff in retail have to wear them (although customers do not, only in a few places ~ ikea, carrefour and b&q to name some).

They also have this stupid rule that you need to wear a mask to enter a club, however you don't need to wear it when you're inside. I asked about this and they say it's so that if the police ask, then can show them CCTV of people wearing when entering ....

But I really really have "Taiwan cabin fever" now - I just want to leave sooooooo badly. It's wonderful and all that I can live a normal everyday life here, but being in one country for 8 months really isn't normal for me at all. I've never been here for l longer than 3 months and even that is usually pushing it for how much I can take!

If I didn't have visa issues, I would have left ages ago, but on my visa situation now, if I do that, I cannot return until most likely next year :eek:

Wasn’t it just. It would be very hard to fool everyone and involve people to such an extent to pull that off.
The trump doctors look very military :chin:

Same as usual, we get a few imported cases as Taiwanese return home - but they are always put straight into quarantine so it's ok.

The Taiwanese are still worried about an outbreak though, so still need masks on public transport, government offices and staff in retail have to wear them (although customers do not, only in a few places ~ ikea, carrefour and b&q to name some).

They also have this stupid rule that you need to wear a mask to enter a club, however you don't need to wear it when you're inside. I asked about this and they say it's so that if the police ask, then can show them CCTV of people wearing when entering ....

But I really really have "Taiwan cabin fever" now - I just want to leave sooooooo badly. It's wonderful and all that I can live a normal everyday life here, but being in one country for 8 months really isn't normal for me at all. I've never been here for l longer than 3 months and even that is usually pushing it for how much I can take!

If I didn't have visa issues, I would have left ages ago, but on my visa situation now, if I do that, I cannot return until most likely next year :eek:
I didn't know b&q was international

Just goes to show UK got it wrong if its all normalish over there still

'twood be interesting to know how much all the medication and treatments given to him cost wouldn't it? For sure it will be an eye watering amount and so sad to realize that so many Americans have only limited or no medical cover so have not the slightest hope of accessing even quite basic treatments.
Good that we don't have to be afraid of Covid19 though, isn't it.
(As long as we have our own fully equipped medical team, helicopters, hermetically sealed limos, and a big military hospital on stand-by with drugs and oxygen)

Like i said MILITARY HOSPITAL so can filter what we want to say.
In France here we are calling it a "mis en scene Hollywoodian". A bit like Reagan who was a part time Cowboy:D
It's only the Military person who tested him said he had Covid:rolleyes:
Of course i could be wrong but with his track record.
He said you could just swallow some disinfectant and it would go away.
Even Boris has changed his tune since he really had Covid.
Well take care everyone
Alan

Video footage of trump having gone back to the White House show him taking very deep breaths and using accessory muscles to aid breathing not something well people normally do. I suspect he has self discharged more through arrogance than improvement, the whole reason for his drive about was apparently boredom and let’s face it he is nothing more than a big toddler

'twood be interesting to know how much all the medication and treatments given to him cost wouldn't it? For sure it will be an eye watering amount and so sad to realize that so many Americans have only limited or no medical cover so have not the slightest hope of accessing even quite basic treatments.

Everything the Americans do for the president is eye watering, I was reading last night about marine 1 the helicopter the president uses, here if we had one helicopter just for prime ministers use then there would be outrage in the papers, there is a whole fleet of sea King helicopters used by the president with various configurations and they get shipped all over the world in transport planes so he can use them when out of the USA. Then when he does fly in helicopter they take 5 up all at the same park time and fly together so as to hide which one the president is in.

They wanted to replace the helicopters with newer ones as they are getting old now and the spec sheet was so long that each new helicopter would cost more than $400 million each!! Each and they have a fleet of over 30 of them and over 800 specials and staff to maintain them....
The annual expense of the president just wanting to take a helicopter some times is probably more then the GDP of many countries around the world.

Yes I suspect his medical bills where well beyond what is imaginable, one of the drugs he was on you can’t even buy privately and can only get if specially selected as part of a trial

“He hosted a super-spreader event to honor a justice who would have the government control your body but refuse the duty to care for it, and when the virus he helped go around came around, he availed of the healthcare he would deny others, financed by the taxes he refuses to pay.”

- Anand Giriharadas

Maybe if Schrumphette is sooooo poor he doesn't pay Taxes he can use what's left of "Obama Care":worship:
Alan

:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Covid20.jpg
    Covid20.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 22
Yes I suspect his medical bills where well beyond what is imaginable, one of the drugs he was on you can’t even buy privately and can only get if specially selected as part of a trial

Did you see and hear him when he stood there and said dont worry get out there and dont let covid stop you we have the drugs to get rid of it owtta.

That seemed a very dangerous thing to say and i don't think any drugs are free to everyone over there.

and this is a man our pm aspires to

Back