Technical Cooling fan problems

Currently reading:
Technical Cooling fan problems

Andrew Booth

Hello all
New member here with new, to me, 2012 Panda MyLife.
Cooling fan very noisy, sounds like a jet engine and seems to be coming on more then expected/necessary.
Dealer I bought car from (still under warranty) says the fans on these are noisy but will take a look and tells me the unexpected running is because I have AC switched on.
Any ideas ?
Any help will be really appreciated

Hello all
New member here with new, to me, 2012 Panda MyLife.
Cooling fan very noisy, sounds like a jet engine and seems to be coming on more then expected/necessary.
Dealer I bought car from (still under warranty) says the fans on these are noisy but will take a look and tells me the unexpected running is because I have AC switched on.
Any ideas ?
Any help will be really appreciated
No they aren't perticualy noisy
Yes it comes on more if you have AC on

The fan is suppose to have two speed,

Not sure what to suggest as its
(still under warranty)

With the AC off does the fan still come on often

Have you checked the coolant level

Full of coolant I struggle to get mine to ever come on at all, even this weather

I can't remember the last time I heard fan speed 2

No they aren't perticualy noisy
Yes it comes on more if you have AC on

The fan is suppose to have two speed,

Not sure what to suggest as its

With the AC off does the fan still come on often

Have you checked the coolant level

Full of coolant I struggle to get mine to ever come on at all, even this weather

I can't remember the last time I heard fan speed 2

I ran my fans the other day.. Via the OBD port.. Easy way to check the function of things with the silence of No Engine. 😎

They are 10 years old and pretty quiet

With a recent purchase..
CHECK THE COOLANT LEVEL..!

If that is OK.. There may be another issue. ( down to the dealer)

Do tell us more 😊👍

With air-conditioning the high speed fan will come on whenever the compressor is active and the car stationary, you don't tend to get the fan on when the car is moving as the flow of the air will cool the air-conditioning radiator, but then is seems much more noticeable when the car is stationary. The high speed fan in any car can be quite loud, otherwise the normal fan would not usually be expected to kick in unless you were sat in traffic for a long time not moving or the car was over heating. The normal speed fan you'd normally not notice.

I say high and normal speed fan they are the same fan just running at different speeds.

Back