General Constant bird droppings on my car

Currently reading:
General Constant bird droppings on my car

ramborobert

I have a serious bird problem thanks to my arrogant neighbours. On average im getting about 3 birds droppings on my car per day. I washed my car yesterday evening and this morning there were 3 bird poops on it and i mean it was scattered in little bits all over the bonnet and when i got hoem there was even more. I asked the neighbours politely if they could feed the birds at the other side of the house where theres a big field instead of right beside my car. He changed the subject then his wife wrote a letter in pencil which said "no sorry we not stop feed birds". Bloody immature people.

Ive sence had a birds nest in my attic with too chicks 1 which was dead and stunk the whole attic out. There is another birds nest between there house and their other neighbour in the eaves.

I just wanna get my air rifle out and start shooting them all but its not legal in a public place.

Im gonna write a letter to the council but i cant see them doing anything or my neighbours obeying them.

Start feeding a local cat! It'll soon start hanging around when it realises there's some grub to be had and birds to play with. Plus you can drop one of its fresh messages in the air intake of the neighbours car. No smell on Earth quite like it. "REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD"... Old Klingon Proverb.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

That's rather extreme just to keep a car clean. After all the car can be washed and it is hardly the fault of the birds that a neighbour is attracting them by free food.

Live and let live

That's rather extreme just to keep a car clean. After all the car can be washed and it is hardly the fault of the birds that a neighbour is attracting them by free food.

Live and let live

I fully agree with the above however surely the neighbour can feed them on the other side of the house as the OP sensibly and reasonably requested.

its so bad lol i washed them all off with a sponge yesterday evening to get up this morning to 7 more bird poops. The council were pretty useless to be fair but i was talkin to the the mother in law and she says that her mum got threatened with a £1000 fine if she did not stop feeding the birds cause they were poopin everywhere. So gonna contact the department of the environment to see if they can help. If not ill just have to use 1 of those stupid looking covers or murder the neighbours.

If it’s all innocent & legal then you can take your food waste down to the Chief Constable’s mam’s house & scatter it there – not forgetting the Chief Exec of the councils mam’s place either. How long do you think it’ll take them to find the law that they can’t find at the moment?

Your property is being damaged. Your spending your money & leisure time in cleaning-up the mess. The damage & nuisance flows from the deliberate act from your neighbour. Aren’t they attracting vermin? Any rats yet – chomping thro your car elec system? No young children or old folks developing respiration problems?

Put away the gun. Get out the pen. I find writing (recorded delivery!) to authority figures is the best course – gives them 14 days at the outside to react. And avoids the old - “We’ve no record of your `phone call, Sir” …. “Sgt Lardass is going to have a word with them, when he’s back from his two-week driving course, six weeks leave & a charity bike ride to Alice Springs.” … the council will be discussing the matter at the next community safety meeting – in November.”

Last edited:
Back