Technical Stilo automatic headlight motor runs constantly

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo automatic headlight motor runs constantly

ArcticStilo

So my Stilo 1.6 16v got rejected today at inspection for a few things. like lower support arm ball joint and wheel bearing making suspect noises. These i can deal with by prior experince but there was one i dont know what to do with.
And that is the headlight adjustment motor on the passengers side runs constantly and doesn't adjust the light. what could be causing this? and how could i fix it?

Help would be much appreciated thank you! :)

New motor time.

Mine did the same. It's supposed to switch itself off when it reaches the end of the movement.. but the pushrod gets stiff, the teeth on the motor are very thin and made of plastic, so it just rotates over the cog without moving the push-rod in or out. Eventually the motor burns out and they stop buzzing.

The motors used to be pretty cheap (about £35 now) and are not too bad to to fit... although they are inside the headlamp, so it's best to take the lights off to fit them.

I think the same motor fits a VW Golf model so new ones are easy to find... but I think I have a couple of new ones somewhere, if you can't find any.

Ralf S.

Attachments

• light_motor.JPG
    light_motor.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back