Technical co-drivers doors making clicking sound? how to solve

Currently reading:
Technical co-drivers doors making clicking sound? how to solve

demian989

hi guys,

just got my self a 2010 Punto in a very good condition - the only thing is that the co driver doors are making a clicking sound when opening?

is it having something to do with lubricating them or is there something broken? thanks a lot for tips (y)

cheers,
d

Hi demian989 and Welcome:)

It's probably the door check strap has broken internally in the door. You could try checking the hinge pins and lubricating everything in sight hoping it goes away but the loud click is generally the check strap. Good news is they are not too expensive and simple enough to replace.

hi guys,

just got my self a 2010 Punto in a very good condition - the only thing is that the co driver doors are making a clicking sound when opening?

is it having something to do with lubricating them or is there something broken? thanks a lot for tips (y)

cheers,
d

yeah the clicking is the hinge pin being too small in the enlarged hole - if you put your finger on that area when it clicks you can feel it move.. The metal is super hardened so replacing the pin in a larger hole was impossible for me. My new strap from fiat was €48 but the difference was massive as i was waking up the whole street.

Mine has done this before.

However, rather than change the check strap, I found simply tightening it at the pin was enough. (think its 10mm if I remember correctly)

tightening that nut usually does nothing

Couldn't say. I just noticed it (the pin) was moving when the door was opening / closing, tightened it, and it worked...... not saying it will solve this issue, but sounds similar and it worked for me.

Back