Technical Clutch bite point question.

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch bite point question.

therealboss

I have a issue with the clutch bite point on my van, I only need to start lifting the clutch peddle a few mm and it starts to bite. Because the clutch bite point is so short I took the van to be checked out. The guy at the garage said that the clutch is fine and its the gearbox thats at fault, could this be the case?

Van drive fine and gear changes are smooth, the only issue I see is that the clutch bite point is so fine and the gears crunch when putting it in reverse. With the clutch fully depressed I can put it in all the forward gears with out an issue and with the clutch fully depressed the van will not try and move forward until I lift the peddle a few mm.

Clutch is not slipping even if I rev the engine and then drop the clutch, as I say its just that there is only a few mm of travel before the clutch bites, I can't see how this could be the gearbox at a guess I would have thought it was the clutch of the master/slave cylinder.

Any advice welcome.

I has this issue with the dealer when i got my van and was told there is no fault with it, i have managed to test the theory in another van on a test drive and it was the same,but as you say it is right on the floor.
When i first took it out it took me by surprise!
Luigi

Luigi
Thanks for getting back to me, but its not right with the clutch biting so early, I know I can drive it but its not right.

Morning therealboss, If its crunching going into reverse, I would have thought the clutch is on its way out..........though with duel mass technology ??

Take care, Qube O.

Back