General Cleaning plastic wheel trims

Currently reading:
General Cleaning plastic wheel trims

I know most of you have alloys but does anyone know how to get the brownish brake dust/rust deposits off plastic wheel trims. I have tried car polish to no effect and I don't fancy using phosphoric acid based wheel cleaners.

If its only hub caps the try some kitchen cleaners and plenty of hot soapy water and ton's of elbow grease..in my day you could buy the elbow grease in cans but I dont think you can now..;)

try clean wheels by autoglym or muc off which is supposed to be for bikes, both are good for removing brake dust.....:)

try clean wheels by autoglym or muc off which is supposed to be for bikes, both are good for removing brake dust.....:)

I prefer Fenwicks bike cleaner, get the FS1 neat stuff and put some in a spray bottle to squirt onto your wheels, leave for a few mins and then wet with a mist of water from a hose.. scrub off with an old tooth brush and they will come up a treat.

I use the Fenwick to wash the car off before a good claying and polish too as it degreases the paint and softens the tar spots and such like.

Back