Technical Best lubricant for the throttle body potentiometer, after cleaning it?

Currently reading:
Technical Best lubricant for the throttle body potentiometer, after cleaning it?

aStiloFan

This applies to a Stilo 1.6 103 HP (2005).

The cars starts and runs great, but :) I have a problem with the RPM cutting off to zero when I reach 2700 RPM... it's basically like hitting the 6000 RPM rev limit, only that is has moved down to about 2700 RPM.

The check engine light is on for half a second when this happens, but no error is stored in the ECU...

I understand this is a problem with the throttle body, more specifically the potentiometer... so I just need to clean it.

My question is this: after I clean the potentiometer, what do I use to grease it? (because cleaning it will remove the original grease).

Is a dry silicone-free PTFE (teflon) spray OK?

Do I have to use a conductive or a non-conductive grease?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't think these are ordinarily greased.. but I'm not familiar with the 1.6 layout,just the 1.8 which had a rotary valve on a very light pressure spring so that it could be turned by the vacuum in the throttle body (hence any kind of grease would hinder its movement).

If you're sure yours can take grease (e.g. if it's on a mechanically operated system) then PTFE teflon is probably what I would use too.

Ralf S.

Back