Technical Bouncing idle after timin job.

Currently reading:
Technical Bouncing idle after timin job.

ArcticStilo

So i did a timing job on my Stilo 1.6 16v replacing the waterpump, timing belt, tensioner, idle roller and crank sensor because it was giving me a code for the sensor and i have no idea when the belt was last changed.
The car now starts up fine and revs fine and dosent sound veird anymore but it cant seem to keep the idle steady and sometimes just dies.
Should i keep fidling with the cams positions or is this more likely something else?

I also dont have the ace belt on because i havent done a full reassembly yet because i am still trying yo get it running right.

The video demonstarates what i mean.

Any help would be much apreciated.

Attachments

• 20240316_211915.mp4
    83.8 MB
So i did a timing job on my Stilo 1.6 16v replacing the waterpump, timing belt, tensioner, idle roller and crank sensor because it was giving me a code for the sensor and i have no idea when the belt was last changed.
The car now starts up fine and revs fine and dosent sound veird anymore but it cant seem to keep the idle steady and sometimes just dies.
Should i keep fidling with the cams positions or is this more likely something else?

I also dont have the ace belt on because i havent done a full reassembly yet because i am still trying yo get it running right.

The video demonstarates what i mean.

Any help would be much apreciated.
If everything else is OK , it sounds like an air leak to me. Is it worse if you pump the brakes a few times?
By the way in video I can hear a whine, water pump or cam belt tension to tight?
You might locate the air leak with a piece of rubber tube to your ear and possible a long screwdriver carefully to locate the noise/whine.:)

If everything else is OK , it sounds like an air leak to me. Is it worse if you pump the brakes a few times?
By the way in video I can hear a whine, water pump or cam belt tension to tight?
You might locate the air leak with a piece of rubber tube to your ear and possible a long screwdriver carefully to locate the noise/whine.:)
The whine could be that i am using the old axualry belt during testing because the whole belt change on this car is pretty work intensive.

Where could the air leak be?

The whine could be that i am using the old axualry belt during testing because the whole belt change on this car is pretty work intensive.

Where could the air leak be?
Start with the brake servo vacuum pipe and work your way back to the engine.
However with the hose to your ear if engine will idle long enough you can move the other end around the engine compartment listening.
If you think the auxiliary belt is noisy just squirt a little WD40 on it and the noise should go away for a short time to identify:)

Start with the brake servo vacuum pipe and work your way back to the engine.
However with the hose to your ear if engine will idle long enough you can move the other end around the engine compartment listening.
If you think the auxiliary belt is noisy just squirt a little WD40 on it and the noise should go away for a short time to identify:)
Thank you. My timing was off by a tooth because the inlet cam was an ass would move on its own to the wrong position. Got my GF to hold it while installing locking tool and now it dosent bounce anymore. Now to just reasseble everything and drive to macdonalds. Sometimes you just need a womans eye to get something delicate right ;)

Back