General cinquecento trofeo project

Currently reading:
General cinquecento trofeo project

medion6969

hi this is my cinquecento trofeo,its almost complete now with just a roll cage to be fitted.
cage should be done next month hopefully

Attachments

• trofeo pics 1.jpg
    trofeo pics 1.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 621
  • trofeo pics2.jpg
    trofeo pics2.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 294
  • trofeo pics4.jpg
    trofeo pics4.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 288
  • trofeo pics5.jpg
    trofeo pics5.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 290
  • trofeo pics6.jpg
    trofeo pics6.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 263
looks good peter that red cinq went to norway and was left outside until this happened :mad:

418141_10151340209966812_842870062_n.jpg

hi NSMG here is the pic of my pod lights u asked for,this pic was taken before it was rubbed down and painted.
hope it gives u some idea how they fit

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-01-23-31-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-01-23-31-37.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 244
Anyone going to fit the Trofeo Competition wheels? (Fiat accessory 46001546)
Pics 4,5, & 8 on the Sporting Fiats webpage.
Look good -but probably hard to find now.

fully rebult M A ENGINEERING tuned 1108 engine
new sump,steel coolant pipe,water pump,belt
bottom end all balanced with new bearings fitted(rev limit set to 7k for now)
fully modded early fiat head(ported and polished)
3 angle valve seats
running high compression with race spresso head gasket fitted
columbo and bariani max road 10.3 280s camshaft all shimmed to match
ported and flowed inlet manifold with 40mm tricker throttlebody
high flow injector with matching fuel relay
crich modified ecu
magnacor kv85 race leads
2 new high volt coils
bosch super 4 race plugs
stainless steel 421 manifold
stainless steel decat pipe
stainless steel janspeed system
power output ?? who knows but previous owner assured me it was quicker than any 1242
dyno run will prove what it can do

Attachments

• 20130307_170507.jpg
    20130307_170507.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 259
Doubt it will be faster than 'any' 1242. I had a very similar setup with a few small differances.
Get a mpi head on it and a decent ECU.

Looking forward to the dyno run. Let us know what it runs at the wheels and not some dodgy calculation

Agreed, this setup seems like and average build.

The MPI head and inlet flows better than the restricted SPI setup, so it would make much better use of the 280 cam. I'm surprised there isn't a vernier there either, bit of a waste (n). Make sure you sort that out otherwise you will have a few pick up and go issues.

If the bottom end should really be balanced to atleast 9krpm, the ECU does the rev limit to 7k. I would be slightly worried if the chap told you not to exceed 7k limiter however.

Is there even an off the shelf "improved power" coil pack setup for these? I had to look elsewhere for an alternative.

The headgasket should be a standard thickness unless it's a copper gasket? Granted the head will more than likely be on a maximum skim, but the compression difference should be barely noticeable on a standard management.

The bosch super 4's are hardly "race" plugs either. They are just a revised design to give placebo effects. You will notice better spark with the magnecore leads and normal plugs.

I still feel a 40mm TB on a standard engine is overkill, I remember some info passed onto me by somebody who toyed with this idea, and he had several sized TB's all matched. The best one was the standard size, generated a lot more torque. Whilst the 40mm gave a bit more BHP and hardly any difference in torque. Try your own test when it's done however (y). I'll ask my friend for the flow test sheet with the differences if you want?

Anyway my rollcage is back on ebay for bids this time, chance to get a bargain if you want it. Can't be bothered to have it lying around now.

Thanks

X

When I had a 280 it came in around 4-4.5 and pulled to the limiter which was 7.5 with the chip I was using. Should be able to Get more out of it.
It certainly makes the drive a lot more fun along with some decent stiff suspension and tyres.
I used champion eon2 plugs I think

Back