Technical Cinquecento key code problem

Currently reading:
Technical Cinquecento key code problem

2-cinquecentos

I have just purchased a p reg cinquecento 899cc sx and some how i have messed up the code in the ecu. I need to change the engine anyway and i was wondering if i could take the complete wiring loom from a m reg cinq which is un-coded and transfer the whole lot over with the engine without further problems. Any comments would be welcomed.

Richard

You could run an 899cc engine on either an Mk1 uncoded ECU and loom or a Mk2 setup, providing that you have the code-block and the ECU from the coded setup.

TBH, its fairly hard to mess up the code in the ECU< what is the problem exactly?

If you want a loom and ECU setup from a Mk1 car, drop me a PM, Im breaking one atm :)

Well i thought the headgasket had gone and when i removed the head i thought i would turn it over to se the condition of the boares. when i switched the key on the ecu made a buzzing noise and the code light went out. After i had turned it over the ecu made no further noises when i turned the key back on the code light stays on even if i put the red key in.

Well if the heads off thats a sizeable part of the earth line removed really...

..Its all very similar to what my 1242 is doing, (exactly the same), and more evidence is racking up to say thats got an earth fault.

Try and get it all earthed as well as possible, and give it another crack...but why cant you turn it using the gearbox? Id think that turning over using the starter cant be healthy with the head off...there'll be pushrods everywhere.....

I have put it all back together today but the code light will not go out. something had definiatly happened after i cranked it over.

Also what is the differances between a coded loom and a uncoded loom can you just swap the ecu and key switch

Well the uncoded loom doesnt have the equipment to run the immobiliser. It doesnt have connections for the Immobiliser ECU or the codeblock that sits by the ignition barrel.

Otherwise, Id think theyre the same, theres no equipment the Immob'd models have that the Mk1's dont, unless you have Electric lamp adjustment.

that makes sense to me. i will change the engine this week and attempt to try a ecu and switch from the m reg model and se what happens thanks for all your advise i will keep you posted

2-cinquecentos said:
Where would i get one from and what do they cost?

Chip details lie here https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=14649 from your posts I think that should the M plate Cinq have only a black key with no blue or reds in sight then the ECU from this can be plugged into the P plate and it will start.

All the mkrich chip does aside from boost performance is remove the immobilisation code hence the car will start aslong as you can turn the ignition.

Liam

ok that sound good. what shall i do with the code ecu under the steering colum? also shall i fit the m plate ignition barrel as well?

2-cinquecentos said:
ok that sound good. what shall i do with the code ecu under the steering colum? also shall i fit the m plate ignition barrel as well?

As soon as you swap the ECU's the code ring thingy becomes redundant so no need to touch it.

Liam

May be of no use but i have found out that the spares car was registered new on 23/2/1995 and my p reg was 27/1/97

and the m reg has a black solid key just like the kind you can get cut at the local key shop.

Back