General cinquecento 899cc

Currently reading:
General cinquecento 899cc

going to have ago later on today, after i take all the top off ,the rocker cover how do i know and test the tappits as the car will not go above 35 now lol any help would be gratefull thanx

With hydraulic tappets there should be no play at each check point. Check the same as you would manual tappets, rule of 5 or 9, your choice.

Cheers

SPD

rule of 5 or 9,????? wot do you mean by that,sorry this is all new to me

a wierd thing happend yesterday my car was running on 3 pistons,running up to the speed of 50. all of a sudden it sounded like sh~t and would only drive at 20mph and took ages to reach the speed, as i was driving it all day slowly and would hardly move when all of a sudden it went back to how it was you could feel the power trying to kick back in,,,why?????

will do, ive been told it will be the tappits if it does that, so ill have a look

yeah no 1 is a bit bot no 2 is not moving at all

OK, remove rocker bar, as you undo it wrap each tappet in turn in tape as it becomes free.

Remove the pushrod thats not moving and look down the hole for the follower. The pushrod should feel slightly sticky as you lift it, the suction of the oil on the follower holding it slightly.

The bottom of the pushrod is rounded, the top of the follower matches.

I am guessing that the follower will be damaged, but let us know.

Cheers

SPD

went to take car in today, on way it started to backfire from the carb and half way there i noticed the foot brake had stoped working and the throttle would stay on for about 3 secs,when i took my foot of the throttle, think he might say need new engine, would the tappets or the followers do all this,just need to kno in case he rips me off,thanx

thanx looked at pips and the one from the m cylinder to the carb had a big hole in it at the carb end,cut it down and tryd to fit,pipe is to small,do i need a new one or do i have to heat the end up,

Back