General cinquecento 899cc

Currently reading:
General cinquecento 899cc

HERRON

can any1 help my car s running on 1 3 4 pistons no 2 is not working. just replaced both coils plugs and leads, still runs but short on power and souds like its got a bad throat,:)

THANKS ILL HAVE A LOOK,IVE JUST PUT SOME HYDROLIC FLUID IN WHITH THE OIL BUT THAT HAS NOT WORKED:bang:. WHEN I TAKE THE ROCKER COVER OFF WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO, SOZ IHAVE NOT GOT A CLUE BUT ILL GIVE ANYTHING A GO:worship: PLS HELP

Proprietary hydrulic tappet noise reducer or olde worlde lamp parraffin may work, if the car has not been used for an interval

Neol

thanks will look tomorow sozfor shouting but its driving me MAD lol:cry:

befor i get doing it,are the tappits hydrolic or manual on he 900cc

i took the car to have a compretion test today and on checking each cylinder, each one was a diffrent reading they ranged from 100 to 150, and they said that the gasget might have blown in between the cylinders, but the is no loss of water and no oil in the water?next step i think is to take it in for the tappits,or just scrap the thing, any ideas

Not really any point in scrapping it. You can get the head skimmed for about £20, new gasket set £40 or so, cut in the valves, fit new valve stem oil seals, check the tappets while you're at it. All in the Haynes and a pretty easy DIY job.

You should have asked for a dry compression test followed by a wet one, which would have further pinpointed the problem.

thank you all for yr help just come out of shop and its the cam shaft thats worn so its up for sale, thanks again every one

ok ill try another shop cuz the fella told me the cam shaft is just underneath the tappits in the head ? and the tappit is not moving on no 2:confused:

Definitely try somewhere else. The cam shaft is at the bottom of the engine, it is an OHV engine, the cam lobes move the push rods which emerge underneath the rocker cover and open and close the valves.

ok ill try another shop cuz the fella told me the cam shaft is just underneath the tappits in the head ? and the tappit is not moving on no 2:confused:

You can check this yourself, take the rocker cover off and spakr plug. Put it in gear and roll it backwards and forwards. The problem with the tappets should reveal itself!

Ming

can any one tell me were i can get a manual in pdf so i can have ago at diong it myself pls,thanx

can i download a manual in pdf free any were, ill try and do it myself, cant get any worse,any help would be great thanx

Back