General christmas for Chii

Currently reading:
General christmas for Chii

Looking very good Arc I must say (y), things are coming together very nicely indeed.

Can't wait to see the finished artical. :D

Brian

DSC01015.JPG

DSC01016.JPG

new master brake cylinder and one stainless steel brake line fitted.

ive just rounded off the other rear, and i'm not attacking the front ones. which prat thought putting the union there would be a good idea?

right now im pissed off with the car, and have no motivation to work on it. i hate faffing about with brakes and suspension, stupid things that should fit or work and don't. suppose i'l be happier once i get to the engine and electrics.

loads of other photos in this gallery now btw

http://tackycheese.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=954

Last edited:
Were you using union/flange spanners?

I agree they are a pig. I did it on my back with the wheels and tank in :eek:

Was it the pipe end or the hose one that rounded. Fingers crossed it was the pipe, as that's cheaper and easier to sort :)

I agree, playing with brakes and suspension can be a pain in the arse, great when it goes quick and easy, but usually its just fiddly and takes ages lol.

Kristian

yeah i was using the proper tool for it, i was on my back under the car with my arm being burnt by the 500w light. i nearly set fire to my face with the blow torch too.

tis only becasue i got one first for the smart with a gauge, but only had it fitted for a few hours because i ran such high boost and the regulator ran of the vac line it kept rising the fuel pressure in line. Should ran at 4bar, but kept leaping upto 5.25bar, and the actual fuel line had printed on it 3-5bar... could died in a flaming fire ball that day!

The fuel pressure regulator looks like the SARD one except that rather than having an inlet and out let, it has the gauge fitted
FUEL-REGULATOR-6.jpg

The two top fittings are in, and the bottom one is return. Mine came as standard like the pic and I moved the fitting around to the side one as this made fitting where I wanted easier, but I see no inlet on the one you have, looks blanked off :confused:

you can see it in this pic
CinqcloseupofSARDregulator.jpg

You could fit one of these http://www.funkystyling.co.uk/item_detail.php?prodID=449006259 or as you can see it NPT 1/8 thread so not hard to get fittings for it.

i have the fittings for it, just didnt screw it all in for the photo, the gauge is actually screwed into one of the fuel lines and there is a blanking plate on the side where im meant to fit it i think, but the destructions are in japanese.

spare bits

DSC01021.JPG

and this is how ive left it for tonight

DSC01022.JPG

rallycinq - do you know which wire is for the fuel pump. ive got two left, one orange and one orange and green.

also, theres a few smaller wires that go from where to ECU into the main loom. can't figure out they were for either, well not yet anyway. i cant think wht they're for. unless they're for the injector light, code light, that kinda thing.

Should ran at 4bar, but kept leaping upto 5.25bar, and the actual fuel line had printed on it 3-5bar... could died in a flaming fire ball that day!
You know that 5 bar fuel lines are ridiculously over speced for actual pressure tolerance right? I doubt that there was any chance of it going at 5.25 bar, and that's why they're so over speced.

Back