General christmas for Chii

Currently reading:
General christmas for Chii

the fuel pump relay is part of the main fuel injection relay isn't it.

ive binned all that. i need the wire that goes from the fuel pump relay to the pump. the wire that actually powers the pump.

there are two that go from the main relay, to the loom and then they go into the connector that connect the engine loom to the body loom. one is orange, the other is orange and green.

the fuel pump relay is part of the main fuel injection relay isn't it.

ive binned all that. i need the wire that goes from the fuel pump relay to the pump. the wire that actually powers the pump.

there are two that go from the main relay, to the loom and then they go into the connector that connect the engine loom to the body loom. one is orange, the other is orange and green.

The wire thats goes from the relay to the pump is orange/black then connects to green/black.

orange and green wire runs to the pump. it comes out as green and black on the fuel pump. i checked it with a multimeter to make sure.

all wires traced and labelled:

DSC01023.JPG

got the relay board mounted, and began wiring it

DSC01024.JPG

positive. all the wires reach there.

that isnt the ECU itself, only the relay board. It has all relay, fuses and conditioner circuits on it. The connector at the top links to the actual ECU which will be inside the car. That relay board, as it is, with no lid is fine for using in an engine bay.

OK, looks a little bit exposed to moi. I remember Citroen CXs with all the relays behind the headlights with corroded connections.

I would still be tempted to seal it in a plastic project box, but you probably don't get into the muck that I do.

Cheers

D

i've considered sealing it, yeah. once i'm done wiring it it'll be coated in conformal coating to protect it from moisture - and i might look at modifying the casing to include a lid. i was dubious about it being exposed so looked into it.

Q: Which case is used for board mounting?

A: The Relay/Power board uses one half of a LMB EAS-200. The case comes apart in halves (top and bottom) when you remove the end plates. The Relay/Power PCB slides into one of the case halves, and is held in place with the end plates - one plate is cut in half and used on both sides. The top of the LMB case is not tall enough to clear the relays, so it is not used.

Q: So, this means that the top of the board is exposed?

A: Yes, but this is acceptable in a engine bay environment. The unit is mounted underhood, so the likelihood of accidential shorts, contacts to foriegn objects, etc. is the same as with any other engine component (starter, alternator, fuse block, etc). The PCB has a soldermask layer which will provide some protection, and the user can coat the finished board with conformal coating or polyurethane before mounting in the case. In addition, all circuits are fused, so an accidential contact will cause a fuse or polyswitch device to open. One thing to remember is to drill a small (1/8") hole in the bottom-side of the case to allow the escape of moisture from the backside of the PCB/case interior

**** me i'm good. haha

i need to build the controller for the stepper motor, and plumb in the LC1 lambda controller - but other than that, engine loom is done.

Attachments

• DSC01055.JPG
    DSC01055.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 32
Back