Chav mums spread to Oz

Currently reading:
Chav mums spread to Oz

bit unfair, two seconds she let go for, obviously that's all it takes, but everyone makes mistakes.

Leaving your car's handbrake off on a slope for two seconds can lead to equally serious consequences, but saying "everyone makes mistakes" would hardly stand up if anyone got hurt. I don't know about you, but if I'm using a pram or if I'm at work, a wheelchair, we are taught to never to let go of it without putting the brakes on first. That's just common sense surely?

Thank god the baby in that clip survived though.

Last edited:
Leaving your car's handbrake off on a slope for two seconds can lead to equally serious consequences. I don't know about you, but if I'm using a pram or if I'm at work, a wheelchair, we are taught to never to let go of it without putting the brakes on first. That's just common sense surely?

Thank god the baby in that clip survived though.

well yes i see your point, but people make mistakes, she doesn't look like she intended to stay there very long, so probably didn't think putting the brakes on was that neccessary, i bet from now on she will though.

can understand at work you always have to have hold of them or brakes on, there is more awareness of the dangers due to higher usage of wheelchairs, means that maybe someone has rolled off into a potentially dangerous situation and lessons learned. But to the average person in the street i'd imagine the dangers aren't so realised.

blimey, that baby is so bloody lucky to still be here...dozy moo.

I never once let go of my prams without the need of being on a platform
And when I was near edge of a busy road, I would point the pram to the side, never towards the road (esp if crossing to an island)....it still amazes me the amount of mums that have the baby just on the edge of the curb, when waiting to cross...makes me :mad: or worse, front wheels hovering above the road :(

She was quite obviously not a chav. No looped ear rings or shell suit or any cider / lager in site :p.

Title is a bit harsh, all it takes is 1 sec. Being a parent I sympathise I know how easy it is to let your gard down even for a few seconds when your really tired working a 12hr shift then having to go do chores etc. I hardly think theres any blame to point towards the mum but instead towards the cowboys who built the platform.

wow...that is lucky.

I've let go of my brothers wheelchair before, thought the pavement was flat...it wasn't, next thing I know is hes bumped into the railing to stop him going into the road...needless to say, I've not made that mistake again.

it still amazes me the amount of mums that have the baby just on the edge of the curb, when waiting to cross...makes me :mad: or worse, front wheels hovering above the road :(

I HATE that so much! :bang: see it to much.

another thing i see a lot of is in supermarkets.
youll see kids in the trolley seats. and you will see the mum spot something and just let go of the trolley (some times while its still moving) and then they can even wonder off for a good bit with the kid still sitting in the trolley.:shakehead:

She was quite obviously not a chav. No looped ear rings or shell suit or any cider / lager in site :p.

Title is a bit harsh, all it takes is 1 sec. Being a parent I sympathise I know how easy it is to let your gard down even for a few seconds when your really tired working a 12hr shift then having to go do chores etc. I hardly think theres any blame to point towards the mum but instead towards the cowboys who built the platform.
I didn't quite get the whole platform thing. All over the world there are baggage trolleys on railway platforms that don't roll away. I've never seen one that had enough of a fall to make a buggy roll away.

wow...that is lucky.

I've let go of my brothers wheelchair before, thought the pavement was flat...it wasn't, next thing I know is hes bumped into the railing to stop him going into the road...needless to say, I've not made that mistake again.
It's always easy to be wise after the event. From the little we saw on the video it didn't look as if she was being particularly negligent like you see some parents ignoring their kids while they run around in dodgy positions. Last year we had a kid, complete with parents, that managed to crawl under a barrier onto an unmanned check-in desk conveyer and from there onto the moving belt behind. It didn't take long before she was halfway to the baggage hall. If the emergency stop button hadn't been pressed she could have been dead. In that case the parents had been gassing while the kids had been running around. That case made this woman look like mother of the year.

She wasn't a chav, we do have them :( and shes not one.
It was a confluence of events that ended (luckily) ok.

After talking about this at home, we put it down to the 3 wheeled stroller, they always want to point downhill, thanks to that front wheel. All it took was the slightest slope, and a pair of jeans to give the result.
Ironically, if the woman hadn't slipped, she would have caught the handle and the stroller would have been hit (hard) by the train :eek:

Back