Styling Changing wing mirror covers

Currently reading:
Styling Changing wing mirror covers

Myhotpunto

Hi All

Ive got some red mirror covers to put onto my panda, the instructions make it look easy - i tried to remove the glass and ive cracked it ***SIGH***
Is there an easy way to get the glass off?

Lost in Perth

Ok thanks guys ill try the finger approach ?

Of course trying to locate replacement glass without paying stupid money from a dealer here is yet another story ?

SUCCESS!! With fingers and a teaspoon ???

Thanks for your help!!

The glass is so thin I'm amazed I did not crack it; after first trying to pull from the top edge and failing to budge it, i then pulled from the lower edge and was successful. I used a plastic spatula to distribute the force and to be able to actually get behind the glass, as my fingers are not really small enough... I wonder though if one attached the sucker from a sat-nav windscreen mount to the mirror, that might be enough to pull the glass past the clips?

You do know about the screws that need to be undone after the glass has been removed? Even then there are slots / clips that guide the cover into place which also need to be navigated.

For such a simple job, it really should be leads peppered with the risk of actually breaking something! One of the few bits of bad design on the Panda, imho...

All the best :)

(PS thanks to deeyup who told me how to do it - i'm far too unintuitive to work these things out for myself!)

Last edited:
Back