General Changes after new clutch

Currently reading:
General Changes after new clutch

I’ve just had the clutch swapped on our 1.3 Cross. There was a bit of a shudder (but no slipping) and I was getting an error for clutch position implausible.

Swap done yesterday and very happy, it definitely feels loads better, but… the whole driving experience just feels more perky and sprightly. Does anyone know if the ecu reduces power when the clutch is worn/showing an error or could it be that just disconnecting the battery has reset things? Honestly I’m now going up hills that needed 2nd gear in 3rd 🤷🏼‍♂️ and it’s pulling like it’s got another 10hp 🤣

Of course it could all be in my head. So didn’t say anything to my wife and she’s just come back from her first drive and asked me what I’ve done to it other than the clutch!

Clutch, No

But quite a bit touched

Airbox
O2 sensor leads
ECU leads depending on year
Battery leads
Breather pipe

The clutch implausible is normally a switch on the pedal itself, this might effect running,
Thanks Koalar, yes I I’m sure you are right, there was quite a bit of stuff they’ll have moved or disconnected/reconnected as I think when I looked in Haynes Pro it booked at 7 hours work on a Cross/4x4.
It certainly feels like it’s got a fresh set of legs and the error message has gone for now 😬🤞🏻

Back