Central locking

Currently reading:
Central locking

S

Steve L

I know this has been asked before but this forum is messed up on my computer (I keep getting pop ups every time i click on anything and the search engine doesnt work properly) so I'll ask it anyway :)

I have a Bravo 1.6sx S reg, how do i go about upgrading the central locking to remote central locking!

Thanks!

Steve L

Remote locking

Get yourself an M20 Upgrade kit.
Your Fiat dealer will do one at £60 + V.A.T
Comes with 2 remotes.
Or try http://fp.pvss.f9.co.uk/index.htm
Theirs is about £40 + V.A.T but only 1 remote.

This replaces a module for central locking, nornally situated behind glove box, which will have to be removed.

Simple!

So it really is quite simple then, i might just go for the Fiat jobbie and get 2 remotes. Is there a way of doing it myself so its a bit cheaper but still getting the 2 remotes. Moneys a bit tight at the mo but id like to get this done soon.

Thanks for the help! :)

S reg = ?

I haven't a clue about what "S reg" means...

But it's worth to make a note, that 1999 and forward Bravo/a does NOT work with the M20 module!

They haven't got a centrallocking-relai that can be exchanged with the M20. They have an electronics box to control the centrallocking.

S Reg

S Reg is the registration on the car i.e The prefix on your number plate S Reg 1998 / 1999 or P Reg 1996 / 1997 etc but mine i think is a 1998 S reg so would probably get away with it but thanks for the tip, I'll check that out!

Re: S Reg

You may not have to completely remove glovebox!
There is a panel in the top of the glovebox which has 2 twist catches. There are 2 yellow boxes, one of which may be the C.L. module. (do not quote me on that, I am only just contemplating doing the swap, not checked it out properly yet)

Re: Re: S Reg

I Killed two problems with one stone on this one, got a thatcham approved alarm that locks all the doors ons the alarm and for extra £50 shuts my windows and sunroofs, looks trick and secure altogheter cost me £180 fitted inc VAT