locking wheel nut key

Currently reading:
locking wheel nut key

M

Mike

where can i get hold a wheel nut key? was about to change the rear brakes but thye key snapped inside :s Im unsure if its a fiat set or just a normal set,i only got 1 and i got no box with it with the 4 spare wheel bolts either :s

dont tell me ya neva lost a lockin wheel nut mike , lol ,

i do it all time , use a 17mm socket and hit it over the locking nut then undo it, and i usually find it when ive got wheels off lol

yes ha never had to replace my wheels,well only for changing tyres which the garage do lol

ive not lost it,the 3 pins inside the key snapped off so im stuck? How will a 17mm socket losen it,itll spin wont it?

have you tried going to halfords? they sell locking nut removers in various sizes and such.

failing that a tire place can get them off for you, the place by me charges £5 per bolt.

ive looked on ebay for them,thing is theyre all impact sockets in order to get the groves and i havnt got one.If i cant get it off with a socket,then itll have to be a garage.
Oh rang fiat today and they want £16.99 +vat for a replacement key which aint too bad tbh,seen as some company on ebay is wanting £30! :0 My only problem is,i havnt got the box it came from so i dont know the code and fiat said they doubt theyll be able to match it even by looking at it as all 3 pin keys are different widths :s

Oh i need a set of normal bolts too as i never got the 4 spare with my car either lol