Central Locking Issue

Currently reading:
Central Locking Issue

A

Andy Webster

Hi guys, I need a bit of advice...

The central locking (with key, not remote) on our Bravo locks and unlocks the car fine if I use the passenger door but will only unlock the car from the drivers side - ie we can't lock the car with the key from the drivers side. Any idea what the problem could be?

(Btw, we have to use the key as the remote locking hasn't worked for a couple of years)

You might need another actuator or you have a bad conection.

I have just fitted a hawk central locking system on my sons Proton. the drivers door unit had 5 wires to it, the other 3 doors had 2 wires. The reason for this is that the drivers door actuator opperated the other doors,.On the Bravo both the actuators can opperate the other door, so i would think a trip to the scrapyard is the best bet. get another unit.

Found the problem. One of the rods that connects to the handle had become disconnected. Reconected it and it's fine again.

The plastic bushes that the rods go into look a bit knackered though. Anyone know where I can get some replacements?

re my last message. That should read FIAT dealer. Sorry about that but just fittedC/L to proton and i had to get some