155 HGT Clutch Issue

Currently reading:
155 HGT Clutch Issue

G

Gianni

Hi guys,

Driving home today and my clutch pedal became really light and the biting point got lower and lower until it was at the floor. The pedal springs back to it's normal position as it should, but it got to the point where as soon as I'd change gear, the car was at biting point.

I put the car into reverse, however when I tried to change gear I could not get the car out of reverse. I had to turn the car off to move the gearstick.

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is the clutch slave cylinder or something else. Also, is this an expensive fix?

last time i had the issue of getting a car stuck into reverse..it was the gearbox.Had to turn it off and on like yourself :/ But with gearboxes they whine when theyre on their way out..

if its the slave cylinder,look for leaking fluid ontop of the box/under the battery tray.Or the ground for that matter.

when my slave cylinder went,my pedal just fell flat on the floor and wouldnt come back up and was stuck in gear,had to use my foot to lift it up.

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell..Its good to be different ;)
Now with Working steering wheel controls,
FC Performance chip
'Sorted' :)

Thanks for the reply Mike.

I've just found this:http://www.sciuridae.co.uk/articles/fiat_clutch_cylinder.htm

I noticed my handbrake light kept coming on, but I assumed it was to do with the cold weather and a warning to start leaving the car in gear! (Handbrake froze on too many times last year...)

That link doesn't say what engine it's for, but if I get a chance I'll confirm how useful it is!

thats pretty much how you do it :)
theyre the same for most cars,Just check for leaking fluid on the ground..,it might not be the the slave at fault,it could be a slight split in the pipe.get someone to press the clutch in and look for the leak around the slave cylinder as the rubber seal on the end tends to perish (obviously with the battery tray out so you have full view of the slave cylinder;)