General Car Tax - Ouch

Currently reading:
General Car Tax - Ouch

ProtoFJ

Just been in and renewed my tax for 6 months... the form from the DVLA said £90.75 but the computer said it had been changed in the budget...

£104.50 for 6 months!!!! bloody Gordon Brown...:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

bozzy said:
Or a JTD? 1.9ltr, 155bhp and £115.00 per YEAR to tax. :D

Youv'e been ripped off mate - according to the DVLA website a 1.9ltr JTD has emissions of approx 139 G/km which works out at £110 per year....

in fact there is only one group of cars that come in at £115 - and thats for alternative fuel cars with emissions between 151 and 165 G/km

(BTW the Abarth is rated at 231 G/km :( )

Last edited:
:D Cost me £115 for my Stilo 1.9 JTD last time, but as from 23/03/06....budget I presume new rate is £110 according to DVLA price sheet(y)

when i was looking last time, the 1.8 has just scraped into a higher group :bang:, fink it mite even come in the same bracket as the abarth but at the bottom end! im sure it was £190 for the year :eek: and mines got around the same power output as you bozzy now :( how can this be justified (n)

1.8Stilo said:
when i was looking last time, the 1.8 has just scraped into a higher group :bang:, fink it mite even come in the same bracket as the abarth but at the bottom end! im sure it was £190 for the year :eek: and mines got around the same power output as you bozzy now :( how can this be justified (n)

With this government (and others) common sense goes out the window so I can't answer that one. Not sure power comes into it, emissions more likely.

Yep its all to do with the crap that come out of the exhaust emissions but TBO the motorist in the Uk has become such an easy target for any government that's in power in the Uk because we need our car to go about our daily routine so they got us well and truly by the short and curlies :(

just talkin to a mate tonight about this with regaurds to exhaust emisions on the stilo. any way he was sayin that ud always know if a stilo was gona fail on exhaust emisions test on m.o.t because theres a sensor that tells the e.c.u that the cars not running rite and shows a warning light

I know i got a bit of a shock about it too!
long and short of it all is THE GOVs are complete ****in T***s.
Sod it live in frenchy land,clear roads cheaper fuel,better choice of food etc well the lang barrier would be a arse but sod it be a typical engliand and sod the jemmi pel crap.
well mayb not how about the stars and stripes?cheap crap,V8s,huge free ways,shootin ranges within shootin range(pun),cheap fuel,less taxes and yanks tend to like brits,
even with posh typical english accents-not that i have any but to the average yank even the hardest spoken welsh guy shoutin in a bucket is prim and proper.
If in doublt shout F*** them scum we call the Goverment and live where the land is greener like well green land!;)

bozzy said:
Or a JTD? 1.9ltr, 155bhp and £115.00 per YEAR to tax. :D

I was going to say, that's what I pay per year to tax mine ;) Personally I think it's only right and fair that those cars that pollute more, pay more (y) Each individual has the choice if they want to go for speed/ power or cheapness. Hopefully this policy will lead to production of more efficient cars which can offer both so people don't have to make the choice :)

So to get more out of road tax-drive more!
clog up roads,kill tarmac quicker,burn more fuel pollute more like a rep does doin 40+thou a year,SO WOT WE ALL WANT TO DO IS BECOME REPS and give the GOV even more of our money for pointless gov projects or daff ideas.Every1s a winner :D

I was gutted - Paid £55 for 6 mths last month for my 8v active sport and then paid again this month for the HGT grrr - thing is I mad a school girl error and I collected the car on 28th April - had to get it tax for the drive home......bloody ends on 30th Sept now doesn't it cause I got it 2 days before the end of the month so only got 5 months tax FFS:bang:

if id have thought on I would have arranged to collect the car after 1st May but I had a blonde day obviously:bang:

Fecking government:bang: (n)

wel fiats bringin out a new 1.9 multi jet turbo derv to pass the new emision laws next year cos tax is suposed to be going up even more

Back