Technical cant get the horn!

Currently reading:
Technical cant get the horn!

stinkyparp

my father in law drives a 2000 seicento and hates the position of the horn on the steering wheel, i have a 1993 cinq which has a centre horn, but the switchgear/ ignition plastics are different.
i have read somewhere here on the site about very late cinqs having the same switchgear as seicentos in which case, would the steering wheel from one of these fit? or is there another type available

Late edition cinqs came with the early sei S and SX and sporting steering wheels and stalks

These will fit a cinq but you must purcahse the NON airbag version. You must also use the steering boss from the sei also IIRC.

You can also get aftermarket steering wheels if desired but again you must get the right steering boss to fit it

AppleSei said:
Late edition cinqs came with the early sei S and SX steering wheels.

no, the Sei has the same stalks / wheel as the later Cinqs. Everyone makes this mistake. But the cinq had them first..so they're still Cinq parts!

It's a pain in the arse of a job to do, and iirc also involvs swapping steering colums over. Will have a look for a useful thread about it.

edit: this was the other way round but should still help you out:

https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=42778

arc said:
no, the Sei has the same stalks / wheel as the later Cinqs. Everyone makes this mistake. But the cinq had them first..so they're still Cinq parts!

My bad! :eek:

Also is the question referring to whether a cinq steering wheel can fit a sei?

I would imagine this can be done, though the conversion usually happens the other way round (sei wheel in cinq) again, same process would have to occur.

The only thing that could be a problem is if the sei has PAS, i would have thought that would have been an issue

as far as i know though, the steering wheel bosses are different, as are the columns. as the wether that means you need the matching column and boss for the wheel i'm not sure. i dunno enough about swapping steering wheels, i've never wanted to change mine!

Back