General Calling all start 'n' stop owners!

Currently reading:
General Calling all start 'n' stop owners!

Do you experience this issue?

• Total voters
how are the pop seats different?...just out of interest....would i have them in my S and S?

i have an ivory and red interior!

By ivory and red I presume you mean ivory 'ambeince' with red 'seats'... if you look at the lounge configurator... it can't have red cloth seats because it's a lounge.

crabman

The pop seats have the same colour as the ambience around the top of the seats. This I think really makes the interior. The material isnt great but its ok.
I presume the seats are the same in the S&S but only from looking at them. Im sure someone can confirm if the material or the shape is different they do have a 500c logo in the top which is a neat touch.

The web configurator is a good way to look and compare them.

Material and shape is the same but what's this 500c logo? I can't say I've seen it...

By ivory and red I presume you mean ivory 'ambeince' with red 'seats'... if you look at the lounge configurator... it can't have red cloth seats because it's a lounge.

crabman

i definately have red and cream seats, red trim thru the door, the car being bossa nova white- on the configurator, the s and s has its own option, along with the pop, lounge and sport.!-
its not within the lounge spec.

however it does share broadly the same eqiupment as a lounge., minus the glass roof, and is the same price.

Last edited:
I never painted the techs as idiots. They are doing what they can with the inadequate information given to them by Fiat. I said it isn't the dealers' fault, but Fiat's.

I know that wasn't your intention, it's just that I could see people taking your comment further and ripping into the Tech's/Dealers. :)

A preemptive strike if you will. :D

Hi looks like I am the sixth S'n'S owner on here, and am slighty relieved that I am not the only one with this problem!

Car has been back to the dealer multiple times without success, reverse/neutral switch has been replaced as this was intially thought to be the problem.

In answer to question posed as to whether it is safe to drive the car with this issue? I have been instructed that it is safe (for car and driver) to do so. (althoguh would obviously like it to be working ;))

Problem details:

S'n'S has failed (unavailable and warning triangle displaied together) when traveling both frowards and in reverse on both hot and cold starts.

when reversing symbols illuminate when clutch is relaesed and you start to move backwards, both first thing (cold start) or at the end of long journey 1hr+ S'n'S fine then engage reverse to get on drive and it will fail.

When going forwards this has happened in slow moving traffic, engine upto temp and when a approaching a junction shortly after a cold start.

Fault can only be cleared by switching off car (via key) although a couple of times the car can be restarted still displaying fault.

Car spec is 1.2 manual.

Love the car to bits, this is our fourth new Fiat in a row (Punto, 2 Stilo's and now the 500) would hate this problem to ruin a great experience with the brand. :cool:

Hi looks like I am the sixth S'n'S owner on here, and am slighty relieved that I am not the only one with this problem!

Car has been back to the dealer multiple times without success, reverse/neutral switch has been replaced as this was intially thought to be the problem.

In answer to question posed as to whether it is safe to drive the car with this issue? I have been instructed that it is safe (for car and driver) to do so. (althoguh would obviously like it to be working ;))

Problem details:

S'n'S has failed (unavailable and warning triangle displaied together) when traveling both frowards and in reverse on both hot and cold starts.

when reversing symbols illuminate when clutch is relaesed and you start to move backwards, both first thing (cold start) or at the end of long journey 1hr+ S'n'S fine then engage reverse to get on drive and it will fail.

When going forwards this has happened in slow moving traffic, engine upto temp and when a approaching a junction shortly after a cold start.

Fault can only be cleared by switching off car (via key) although a couple of times the car can be restarted still displaying fault.

Car spec is 1.2 manual.

Love the car to bits, this is our fourth new Fiat in a row (Punto, 2 Stilo's and now the 500) would hate this problem to ruin a great experience with the brand. :cool:

is it possible that someone from fiat might actually be reading this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

i hope so!

stop and start recalled

hi all stop and start owners!!

the s/s is being recalled to fix the problems we are all having-

i was called this morning by my dealer and its booked in Wednesday for an hour while i wait!- dont know what work is involved but will be quick!

so no need to worry for a little while!- you should all be called in due course!

i hope it works!!!

Re: stop and start recalled

Excellent, will be expecting a call Monday then.

Sounds like a software update, for it to be while you wait under an hour job.

hi all stop and start owners!!

the s/s is being recalled to fix the problems we are all having-

i was called this morning by my dealer and its booked in Wednesday for an hour while i wait!- dont know what work is involved but will be quick!

so no need to worry for a little while!- you should all be called in due course!

i hope it works!!!
Did the dealer use the term recall because if they did it's incorrect as a recall is only when a product is deemed to be unsafe and the company is wanting to limit their liability. An example would be if there was an issue with the brakes or a particular weld on the car. S&S would not really be classed as a recall.

Did the dealer use the term recall because if they did it's incorrect as a recall is only when a product is deemed to be unsafe and the company is wanting to limit their liability. An example would be if there was an issue with the brakes or a particular weld on the car. S&S would not really be classed as a recall.

yep-she said 'your fiat 500 has been recalled!!!

i asked if it was a safety issue and she said no!!!

its just to make it function correctly.

yep-she said 'your fiat 500 has been recalled!!!

i asked if it was a safety issue and she said no!!!

its just to make it function correctly.

Idiot! Not you of course, the person you spoke to.

Using words like recall is just the totally wrong way of saying it and may give people the impression that their car is unsafe which is absolutely not the case.

thread is only 8 posts long...not exactly a 'epic':confused:

i meant the whole 'stop start not working' subject!!!

started by jimr123- 67 posts so far!!!!

and that was the second on the subject!-

the first equally long!

Idiot! Not you of course, the person you spoke to.

Using words like recall is just the totally wrong way of saying it and may give people the impression that their car is unsafe which is absolutely not the case.

i understand ' recall' as 'we need to correct something on your car'

doesnt automatically have safety connotations for me.

Back