General Buckled Alloys

Currently reading:
General Buckled Alloys

dunc69

So, once again, I come to you fabulous people for help!

Two of my 100HP alloys are no longer round, so the bouncy ride is now even bouncier! The wheels do seem a little brittle but, as the driving is shared with Mrs D, and as the roads in Somerset leave quite a lot to be desired, there we are!

My research thus far is not positive in respect of getting them fixed / made round again. The general consensus is to buy new wheels.

So, do I try to source 2 second hand 100HP wheels - not easy it seems unless someone on here can help - or do I buy four different wheels for now and worry about the 100HP wheels later as and when finances allow?

Your thoughts would be much appreciated as always!

Thanks,
Dunc

Two of my 100HP alloys are no longer round, so the bouncy ride is now even bouncier! The wheels do seem a little brittle but, as the driving is shared with Mrs D, and as the roads in Somerset leave quite a lot to be desired, there we are!

My research thus far is not positive in respect of getting them fixed / made round again. The general consensus is to buy new wheels.

So, do I try to source 2 second hand 100HP wheels - not easy it seems unless someone on here can help - or do I buy four different wheels for now and worry about the 100HP wheels later as and when finances allow?

Thanks,
Dunc

I out-ace you as after last winter 3 of my wheels were mildly buckled.

My options were:

1. New/used Panda 100hp wheels (almost impossible or way too dear)

2. New Steel wheels - I like this idea but not the £60 each price

3. Punto Sporting wheels - clean but used

I chose the latter and replaced my tyres, moving to Uniroyal rainsport 195/50-15 to get a bit better ride and deeper tyre.

My 100hp wheels are still sat in the garage waiting to have them repaired (which is possible but costs £60 each).

Attachments

• GH2_1130193-2013-06-22.jpg
    GH2_1130193-2013-06-22.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 90

Thanks,
Dunc

Gordon who runs Mid-Devon Motors at Winkleigh did a great job for me some years back straightening (rounding?) a really badly bent alloy from a Cinquecento Sporting. I am a long-standing customer but it might be worth giving him a ring.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Ronal Turbos (just looked them up) look great! More than I want to spend to be fair though.

Thanks too for the Mid-Devon Motors shout. Will be one to consider when I get them fixed.

To be honest, I'm probably looking to go for some cheap steels with higher profile rubber for now. Commuting on the country lanes & M4 demands a little more comfort for now.

I have steels for my winter tyres on my vRS, and actually quite like the Q-car look for a change of scene.

Any thoughts on sourcing cheap 15" steels guys??

Last edited:
Thanks for the thoughts guys. Ronal Turbos (just looked them up) look great! More than I want to spend to be fair though.

Thanks too for the Mid-Devon Motors shout. Will be one to consider when I get them fixed.

To be honest, I'm probably looking to go for some cheap steels with higher profile rubber for now. Commuting on the country lanes & M4 demands a little more comfort for now.

I have steels for my winter tyres on my vRS, and actually quite like the Q-car look for a change of scene.

Any thoughts on sourcing cheap 15" steels guys??

You could find some cheap used 15" steels - but I never could. All I could find were the ones on www.oponeo.co.uk. For a 6x15 ET30 it's around £50 a corner. I paid less for my 4 used Punto wheels.

I do like the look of Steels though....

Cheaper if you go 14" wheels and 55 tyres I guess - but hard to get 6x14s so you then struggle to fit 195mm wide tyres.

Then there's the insurance to tell.............

Not one person on here has 2118's on a Fiat, quite a few have Ronal Turbo's. Hope your face and palm have a nice time

I can count on the fingers of one knee the people on here with Ronals on a HP.....

Thanks for your thoughts guys. Tempted by new steel wheel / tyre combo from mytyres or similar. Just need to find £350 or so.

Worried if I go 2nd hand that the wheels may not to too great!

Back