General Broken in to!

Currently reading:
General Broken in to!

So the other day i found the punto had been broken in to on the passenger side door by putting a hole in the metal near the lock and unlocking it that way.

seems to be quite a common way of getting in to puntos.

What gets me though is I stupidly had a lot of stuff in there to steal yet not a thing went missing! when i went to it that evening the passenger door was left wide open. Assuming it was done at night ment that it must of been like that all day.

Emptied the car of everything now and ordered some of that metal resin stuff to fill the hole. would like to get it sorted properly but I cant afford it and its hardly worth it now.

i feel your pain on this one my friend!
last year during the cold spells came back from work parked up, car was snow over so didnt expect a thing! and driver door was unlocked i was like i could of sworn i locked that so opened door to find my dvd player had been pinched a long with my rear tv screens as i did a nice setup of dvd player and screens at back all gone:cry:
no windows were smashed but to find a hole beside lock on both doors:(
i still havent rectified this myself, although i learnt my lesson from leaving stuff in the car, i always remove stereo faceplate and keep it indoors overnight along with any other valuables that a scumbag might wanna take!
and yes this is a common security problem on the mk2s along with many others, when they built this car they didnt do the security that great...ah well least your valuables are still there count yourself lucky this time:)

indeed i am very lucky! i can only guess they were disturbed just as they opened the door.

If i get the time i might have a look for a new door but until then the putty stuff will have to do.

When I move in to my new place with secure (ish) parking I will put the radio back in, I always took the faceplate off anyway but i will be keeping the glove box empty from now on.

they probably got spooked by something and changed their minds, they may have even been caught and arrested, report it.

thats what I reckon, I doubt they got caught as the door was left open I hope the police would of at least shut the door and contacted me by now.

Is it to late to report it a week after it happened?

Is it to late to report it a week after it happened?

its worth a shot but dont expect any miracles though, when i reported mine to the police they sent out forensics and they couldnt find any trace of the person who did it, they said the person knew what they were doing cause the forensics lady found trace of latex from a latex glove:(

If i do get the time to do it properly i will probably go for the plate behind the lock idea, after a few googles that seems to be the best way. Will be even better if i can find a new door in the right colour

So to anyone that may read this thread if you can put a plate behind the lock, DO IT!

surprising how easy it is to get in to puntos

like this?
same happened to me, they went though everything - glove box open and doors and boot when i went to the car - nothing missing and clearly not tried to start the car or anything :confused:

Attachments

• DSC08319.JPG
    DSC08319.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 45
like this?
same happened to me, they went though everything - glove box open and doors and boot when i went to the car - nothing missing and clearly not tried to start the car or anything :confused:

exactly like that only difference was the hole is bigger and on the right hand side of the lock.

No sign of them going in the glove box but that doesn't mean much. Only clue I have is the rear seat had been pulled down but still nothing from the boot gone.

I even had all my camping gear in the back and boot as was going camping for the weekend.

I think the lesson here is that we cannot afford to leave anything visible in the cabin. A pile of refuse sacks would still attract them on the off chance that they are concealing something easily converted to cash. Also do not make it obvious that you are hiding stuff in the boot or glovebox when you park up at your destination - particularly at parks and beaches they are probably already watching you.
As Dave said I would report it. Sometimes complaints have to reach critical mass in an area before resources are allocated to it. He who shouts loudest etc.
Puntos are easy to get into. I can do it without pulling or prying or thumping anything and don't need any tools and I'm not telling. Fortunately starting it is another matter entirely but the riflers aren't worried about that.

easier way to get into them, at work my boss has the habit of locking the keys in the boot, pry the top corner of the door, use a litter picker on the door pin (the little ridges make it grip) and thats it....open easily.

Yes thats what the college tutors do when people leave the keys in the ignition, remove the battery
When they refit the battery - CLUNK

Oh.... the cars just locked..... with the keys in it

I think the lesson here is that we cannot afford to leave anything visible in the cabin. A pile of refuse sacks would still attract them on the off chance that they are concealing something easily converted to cash. Also do not make it obvious that you are hiding stuff in the boot or glovebox when you park up at your destination - particularly at parks and beaches they are probably already watching you.
As Dave said I would report it. Sometimes complaints have to reach critical mass in an area before resources are allocated to it. He who shouts loudest etc.
Puntos are easy to get into. I can do it without pulling or prying or thumping anything and don't need any tools and I'm not telling. Fortunately starting it is another matter entirely but the riflers aren't worried about that.

its gonna happen one way or another tho, you can everything to deter them
if they wanna break into your car, there gonna break into your car

Ziggy

Back