Technical Broken ignition key.

Currently reading:
Technical Broken ignition key.

I have managed to snap my one and only key in the ignition on my 91 Panda. There is a number on the bit thats left, S8**, is that the key code? I can probably get the other bit out easy enough but other than main dealer who else would cut a Fiat old style Key?

I have managed to snap my one and only key in the ignition on my 91 Panda. There is a number on the bit thats left, S8**, is that the key code? I can probably get the other bit out easy enough but other than main dealer who else would cut a Fiat old style Key?

You need to have your 'spares' number, normally kept in the original wallet.
Less hassle just replace full set of barrels - you will have 3 or 4 keys. aquamarine should be able to help.

Fiat still have the 'blank' keys avaialble as they were used on other model from that era.
If David can't help there are few 'barrel' sets on ebay curretly, but few different types out there so make sure you know which ones you need.
Keep the remaing part as it will be necessary to turn the key in order to remove ignition barrel.

I managed to get the rest of the key out of the ignition with the aid of a couple of panel pins today and took the bits to a proper old fashioned key cutting shop I found in Wisbech. They didnt have the correct key blank in stock but have ordered one so all should be well. Last thing I wanted was to change locks and stuff but thanks for all your sugestions anyway. (y)

Back