Technical brakes

Currently reading:
Technical brakes

Have a close look at the front pads first though, because if it needs a new set it will be better to do that at the same time.

Otherwise if you bleed it now, then fit new pads next week you will need to loose some brake fluid to get the new pads in (otherwise the reservoir will overflow).

I got some Ferodo Premier pads from the local Halfords for very little ££ and they have been very good.

Always, they usually get forgotten,

the thing is you get air in the system for a reason so check the wheel cylinders, calipers and flexipipes for signs of leaking and check it all moves and isn't siezed

The brake fluid should be changed every couple of years but often isn't so get a fair bit of fluid and bleed then properly.

If it is still like it after this then I'm afraid it is likely to be the master cylinder that is NFG

sei-abarth said:
cheers lads i'll give that a go this weekend,and i'll tell u how i got on

Cheers for the advice lads its all sortd now changed the front discs and pads,and checkd the rear wheel cylinders they were fine, so i just replaced the brake fluid and bleeded all the brakes and its fine now,still a bit of travel on the pedal before they bite but it stops the car now.
any1 recomend a workshop manual 4 a seicento,cus i cant find any?

As above, no point looking for a sei one as there isnt one available, so that saves you searching one out.

for your sei the cinq one should be more than adequate (y)

Back