Technical Brakes

Currently reading:
Technical Brakes

Badger_Benji

Bought some Fox Evo 2 alloys on sunday, car sits nicely on 14" rims, and it sure feels planted round corners. My main reason for going to 14's was to be able to fit, bigger brakes.

Does anyone have to sell or know of a good supplier for punto gt calipers? Is there a caliper from any other model that will fit, that will fit in my new 14's, I read the post on the alfa brembo's but they are way too much money and mean 16's :eek:

Another quick question regarding brakes, just been looking at dimensions of discs, do calipers from a brava/bravo fit as they are the same dimension disk as punto gt's?

I have fitted the punto gt brakes and TBH you would not need any more braking power as its easy enough to lock the wheels if you wish at any speed, but i'm sure that the 1.6 Bravo/a are the same calliper as the discs and pads are same part numbers and probably easier and cheaper to get from scrappers, but double check this as its been a while since i cross referenced this stuff.

lower spec bravo models are 257mm solid, the 1.8 has 257mm vented, both are straight swaps, Ive got the vented type on my punto and would not need to upgrade them, so on a cento they'd be great!

LanciaMad said:
lower spec bravo models are 257mm solid, the 1.8 has 257mm vented, both are straight swaps, Ive got the vented type on my punto and would not need to upgrade them, so on a cento they'd be great!

yeah thats right I had a quick dog around to check and its a 257/20mm vented disc on the 1.6L auto and 1.8 Bravo/a's, Punto GT Turbo, Brachetta, Croma 2L, Marea1.8 16v, 1.9 TD, Tempra/Tipo 1.8 16v, 1.9 TD, 2.0L which would lead me to believe its the same pads on those cars and therefore same calliper but I only lifted this from Rallydesign websire where I got my discs from so still best to check maybe against eper.

I'm also interested in upgrading soon and was just wondering, when going for salvage do you only have to pick up the calipers and maybe the discs? Do the cinqs use the same sized brake hoses? In that case would buying cinquecento goodridge brake hoses fit the marea/bravo/brava/punto calipers?

CaneyJ said:
I'm also interested in upgrading soon and was just wondering, when going for salvage do you only have to pick up the calipers and maybe the discs? Do the cinqs use the same sized brake hoses? In that case would buying cinquecento goodridge brake hoses fit the marea/bravo/brava/punto calipers?

Don't bother with 2nd hand discs unless they really are like new, you only need teh callipers as they bolt straight on and the standard hose will fit as do the Cinq goodridge ones as thats what I have fitted to mine.

You can get Group N mawTorq discs from these guys for cheap money http://www.raldes.co.uk/

Aaron.

Back